PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my new 200x

trainingwheeler
01-01-2006, 09:37 PM
this is my new aqquisition i believe it was chris200x's at one point its in pretty decent shape it needs a couple things like a rear caliper , headlight ,some bearings here & there what do yall think

welfareglasses
01-01-2006, 10:10 PM
I just got a 200x also, yours is much cleaner. Nice Bike

69HemiGTX
01-01-2006, 10:14 PM
That looks pretty good. The last one I picked up is in similar condition. Get a Raptor rear caliper, and search Ebay for a light, then you're set.

caleb200x
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM
A Raptor rear caliper? I didn't know one of those would fit. My rear caliper on my 200x just froze up, and that would be pretty sweet to put a Raptor one on it.

slick351
01-02-2006, 07:19 PM
What year Raptor for an 87 200X
Thanks

atctim
01-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Looks pretty good man, nice wheeler. Whoever built the engine was pretty happy with the blue RVT though!!!!

69HemiGTX
01-02-2006, 09:24 PM
01-05 Raptor rear calipers will bolt right on. Click here for info. (http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=43763&highlight=raptor+caliper)

trainingwheeler
01-02-2006, 10:33 PM
yeah you like that blue rtv ? i thought i heard that howdy built this motor but im not sure . i wish i new so that i could figure out what is wrong w/ 5th gear . but i do have vartiak15s built motor to put in

vartiak15
01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
you havent tried that motor out yet? the timming still needs to be alined. and it will need to be brokein in because i just rebuilt the top end upon sending.

trainingwheeler
01-02-2006, 11:05 PM
oh the timing is off ? you didnt tell me that

vartiak15
01-05-2006, 12:11 AM
i said you have to adjust it. ill see if i got the thing i sent you still

chris200x
01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
I just seen this thread... That is one nice bike!!! lol :Bounce :D

I dont know what bearings it needs as i replaced most of them. i know there was a washer or two missing from the rear hubs making the wheels a bit woobly. but the axle bearings themselves were nice and tight.

I was unaware of the tranny problem as I never got to ride it before i traded it to bob for the grizzly. :(

That whole motor was stripped down to the bare cases and rebuilt. So once you get the bugs worked out it should last a good while. I also know the valves were replaced as well.

The only other thing that needed attention was the intake. If you can get the jb weld off. Try using longer bolts to tightened down the intake so it stops the airleak.

also the blue gaskets were not my handywork. I believe the clutch needed to be replaced and he never got the proper gaskets :rolleyes:

Maybe once you get it going we can get together for a ride... Maybe you'll let me take it for a spin! :w00t:

Anyways good luck to you and take care of my baby!!! :beer

trainingwheeler
01-05-2006, 12:28 PM
it seems like it needs steering stem bearings did you replace them ?

chris200x
01-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Yes, actually I got the 7mm loose ball bearings and repacked them with fresh grease. The dude at the shop told me they would work just as good as the more expensive bearings but i guess he was wrong. :rolleyes: because obvioulsy they didn't last long at all.

edog
01-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Try the Moose Racing needle bearing kit from www.denniskirk.com.

Somekindofjerk
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Nice X, Hows she ride? Tried any mudding yet?

trainingwheeler
01-06-2006, 06:09 PM
actually CHRIS200X they do feel good still there is a good amount of play in the rear carrier bearings & the castle nuts are the wrong ones so the only thing holding the hubs on is the cotter pins hopefully the splines arent all buggerd up . hey chris is this actually an 85 do you know?

chris200x
01-06-2006, 06:48 PM
hmmm, I thought those castle nuts were the wrong size. but I also thought the reason for the play back there was that there was supposed to be some kind of beveled washer that goes inbetween the hub and the axle.

anyway I would not ride it like that until you find out for sure what the problem might be. I can tell you that when I had the swingarm off to replace those bearings both me and my father inspected the alxe bearings and they were tight so we decided to let them go.

did you ever find out whats wrong with the tranny? I believe there to be a shim missing from inbetween the gears causing the slip. When I got the bike some of the gears were tore up and a shifting fork was bent. I really couldnt imagine how that happened unless the end of the kicker spring that broke off somehow got caught up in the gears. I found the chewed up hook shaped spring end at the bottom of the case when i split the motor the first time. So all those shifting forks and tranny gears arent the original ones that came with the bike.

I'm starting to think that that shim was missing from the set of gears i got off ebay but idk.

I was always aware that it was an 85' here's a question for you... will you be changing the frame color? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :crazy:

Anything else you need to know about what i did just ask. ;)

trainingwheeler
01-06-2006, 11:00 PM
yeah im thinking ill probably change the color of the frame , i didnt really get a chance to mess with it at all yet but ill get to it soon hopefully , so if i have any other ? ill ask thanks chris !!!