PDA

View Full Version : What if?

Groundworx
12-31-2005, 08:31 PM
I have heard in the past that car manufactures can produce vehicles that don't meet certain DOT and emissions regulations as long as they do not produce more than 10,000 units. I heard this when Chevrolet released the 454SS pickup in the early 90s. I am not sure if this is true or not, but it brought a thought to my mind. I have thought about this for a couple of days. What if ATV manufactures could produce a limited # of new trikes and sell to the public? What would they be like? Would the 250cc 2-strokes still be a dominating force? Or would there be 450 4-stroke versions? Would we see aluminum frames? How about utility trikes? Could we see 700cc+ V-twin monster? How about mini trikes? Mabey a 65-85cc 2-stroke for the youngsters?

This is just something I was thinking about while riding today. It might have even been discussed before, but I didn't see a thread on it and thought it would interesting to see what you guys would like to see out of a "modern day trike". Hey, we can dream right...;)

Unclediezel
12-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Technically----the production "Ban" was voluntary--and it was only a 10 year deal---They can produce trikes now--but only a handful of them ever see the USA. There are several chinese companies that make them--there is a thread on here somewhere-about "Chinese Trikes"

Groundworx
01-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I remember reading about the "Chinese Trikes", but I was talking about real trikes from the 4 main manufactures. I went to a small riding area yesterday. There are tons of dirt bikes and quads, but usually I am the only one with a trike on the trailer too. Another guy had a 82 250R out yesterday too. It just got me thinking...