PDA

View Full Version : 200x mods

kwit
02-26-2003, 11:51 PM
What would be a few simple mods that will in anyway increase the top speed and accerleration? a few bolt on mods or a few tweaking modifications ?? ... will be on an 84 200x...also would an 85/86 engina fit in the 84 frame?

Jonathan
02-26-2003, 11:56 PM
An 85 motor will fit in an 84 frame but an 86 motor will not.

Levithan
02-27-2003, 12:46 AM
Modd the talipipe, and you will get more top end. To get more top end, make the pipe shorter, however this will make it louder also.

kwit
02-27-2003, 11:57 PM
I like the low grunt of a 4 stroke dirtbike ....will it sound anything like that or will it become high pitched?....the 85 motor doesnt however have the 6 speed tranny does it....im just lookin for preformance ....any ideas on how to cut mod the tail pipe?? would it be bes to just buy a pipe? what kind have u guys had sucsess with? thanx

HondaRider
02-28-2003, 01:32 AM
I would say buy an aftermarket pipe. Pipe and jet it would be an easy gain. Also if you wanted top end and wanted to sacrice low end, or wanted more low end and sacrifice your top end, you could change sprocket sizes, or tire sizes.

Derek

85200xer
02-28-2003, 02:05 AM
the pipe I have had good luck with is a super trapp when my 85 200x was stock but had that exhaust on it it was faster on the topend than my friends 85 200x bone stock. if you want a big upgrade in power then do what I did. first I called powroll and bought a race cam, 12 to 1 compression piston heavy duty valve springs w/titanium retainers. man this thing has alot of power and I have it geared down to an 11 tooth front sprocket. alot of people say that the motors are not reliable if you do this but I have had no problems yet and I ride It like a rental. one last thing is that you have to run race fuel in it. I run it straight but powroll says it could be 50/50 but I didnt spend 500.00 on my motor to burn it up over 5 dollar a gallon gas.

asta,
85200xer

flying200x
02-28-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't see why everyone is talking about the 85 motor, it is exactly the same as the 84, and een 83 for that matter. I have delt with Powrll on many occasions, and I am very pleased with their products. but I build more for ueable trail riding power, and hill climbing, not all top end. They are a little high priced but well worth it if you run it right. Keep your eyes open for an aftermarket carb, they are few and far between, but well worth the money if you find ohne (i.e. I like the curtis sparks round slide carbs) But keep in mind that when you go with a bigger carb that offers moregas, you need to open up your airflow to. Try a K&N without the air box lid.
hope this helps.

kwit
02-28-2003, 11:59 PM
I will try different combinations and I will report on what I have found to worth the best thanks for a head start.