PDA

View Full Version : Honda 90 restoration

darrel632
12-27-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm about 65% finished my little girls 1978 honda 90, just thought I'd share a Christmas day picture. Needs rear carrier bearings, brakes, and some paint on the forks and decals (1974)

thedeatons
12-27-2005, 09:13 PM
That looks nice, and you don't see that year very often, which is what appeals me.... I'm assuming you don't plan to give it to her for a few years... she looks pretty young...??

3leggeddog
12-27-2005, 09:30 PM
looks good so far,nice work.

darrel632
12-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Its hers all ready, 2nd gear, low range, throttle control so it runs at a max of1600 rpm, and an electronic shut off if she gets more than 50 feet from me and a tether rope for an adult to walk behind if I'm into excersize. Shes 4 1/2 years old and does pretty well on it

danteross77
12-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Not to sound like a drag,(very nice bikes), but get your girl a full face helmet please. My son is 9 and he has a 1979 110. we were just screwing around by the creek behind my house and he hit a small hole, flew forward and chipped 3 permanent teeth, bite through his lip, 2 ER visits @ $100 a piece, $800 worth of dental work, plus I lost my best riding buddy for a while until mama gets over it. He was going like you said low rpms, 15 feet ahead of me, 2nd gear. Sad thing is he has a full face helmet but he didn't put it on, It was covered in mud from the day before. he was wearing his bicyle helmet like your daughters, I saw it and said well we are just going for a quick ride around the property he will be alright. BOY was I WRONG. I am a complete ass for not making him put the right safety gear on. If he would have been wearing the right helmet everything would have been ok. I am sorry, I do not mean to preach, and I know you probably already knew that, but I would hate to see such a good looking young lady get hurt. Ride On!!! Good job on the project.

darrel632
12-28-2005, 11:04 AM
You're 100% right, I used the bike helmet for pictures, I did let her ride to the shop though, and I swear you just had a tape recorder of my wife, I do need to get a smaller helmet for her, hers moves a bit vertically

danteross77
12-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah the full face I have is kind of old, so for christmas I let the boys pick out there own helmets, they picked out the peanut helmet with out the chin guard, they didn't like that they could not breathe as well. So now I have 2 new helmets that are no good to me, I refuse to let them on there bikes again without a full face. Maybe I can resell them on ebay or something. I mean we could have bought a nicely restored bike for the $1000 dollars I spent on medical/Dental Bills. Good Luck with your restoration.

freewheel3
12-28-2005, 11:45 AM
The 90 is starting to look good, Darrel. I'm glad to see it went to a good home.
And to think I was considering using it for parts.:eek: What was I thinking????

darrel632
12-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Derrick, stop in if you have the chance, I have a 185 motor you may be able to use