PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make Billit Carriers for the 84-85 Tecate?

Meat-BoX
12-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Im getting my Cal-Fab Polished and was looking for a nice new Billit Tecate Axel Carrier to make that ass Bling:w00t:
I figure no one loves the Tecate so Im out of luck, but I have to try.
Then What Size Extended Axle should I go with for Trail Riding a little but probably for Dunes and Drag and Flat/Ice Track Racing. And basic Yard Abuse.
Im coming into a little money and am gonna finish the Tecate Right.:w00t:

ATCWRENCH
12-27-2005, 03:57 PM
no one that I know of makes a billet carrier for any year T3. when I have oldschoolin make my +2 for my 85T3 I am gonna have him put in either a T4 carrier or a carrier from a mojave or lakota so I can get rid of the pivot style carrier.

the cam style carrier is way dependable on keeping the axle straight.

Meat-BoX
12-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Im putting in my new Cal-Fab+2. I want to put in a wider axle allso. And I got on 01 Raptor shock going to Elka. Is there a Newer Carrier I can use besides the old school one and will it change anything? Any info on this hop up would be appreciated. It would be nice to have a totally updated Tecate Rear End instead of the stock. Kepp us informed on this trick.
Another Question. Im doing all of this to the Rear end, what is the best Suspension Mod for the front end? I know about Progressive Springs and adding a Spacer to stiffin em more, but I have a feeling im stuck with that front end.

ATCWRENCH
12-27-2005, 04:24 PM
the only thing I can think that might work is find another machine that uses that styel of carrier and see if it will bolt up. if a stock one will bolt up, an aftermarket one will bolt up as well.

something that I might do down the road is have a set of triple clamps made so I can use the 86-7 tecate forks since the are outragously beefy. I will have spacers and all the fun stuff done up so I can run the factory 85 rim, hub setup. will also add spacers over the damping rod so I can retain the factory ride weight.

I would like to punch out the triple clamps so I dont have to have any made but that would take out to much material and make the triple clamps weak and un safe.

1984kxtTECATE
12-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I have 5" total axle spacing on mine and love it, It worked great for the sand, and even in the grass, kickin the rear sideways is as easy as givin it soem throttle, I can clutch it from a stand still and still slide the rear out. I wouldnt go that far if you do most your riding in trails, I know when I was at sand lake with it, I couldnt fit through all the trails.

BigGreenMachine
12-27-2005, 04:34 PM
The 86 carrier bolts on and the axle is wider. Maybe get the carrier chromed?

The front forks are real nice with the Progressive springs and a little extra oil. Keep adding oil until you get the stiffness you want.

I have the Raptor shock's rebound adjusted so it matches the rebound of the front forks also, haven't bottomed out the front or rear yet.

Meat-BoX
12-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Big Green are you saying I can bolt on an 86 Carrier to the Cal-Fab and run an extended axle for an 86 Tecate? If so thanks. That sound a little better than what I got now and Yea I will get the Carrier Chromed to go with the swinger.:w00t: And beefier is allways better.:beer

BigGreenMachine
12-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Yah everything will bolt up but you will need a complete rear end like hubs, sprockets, brakes but your wheels will work. lol

I plan on doing that sometime as well just so I can use my trick 86 hubs that have the small 84 bolt pattern.

Meat-BoX
12-27-2005, 07:43 PM
omg thats quite a job unless all these nice parts fall in my lap.

90nut
12-28-2005, 10:41 AM
someone sure does! www.recreationunlimited.com Lists them for tecate 3 in this ad I have in a june 2004 atv sport magazine. lists as 229 bucks