PDA

View Full Version : Help ATC 70

adamsj13
12-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi all, I bought a ATC 70 a few months ago and ran fine. It just didn't have the power my brothers did. So he tried to adjust the valves and hasn't ran since. I have a CLYMER book and when following the instructions I still cant get it to start. When I try and start it, once in a while it will back fire in the carb. I have cleaned the carb, replaced plug , checked the points and tried to adjust the valves. Im guessing the vavles are adjusted right. Any idea what might be casing it not start? I am getting a spark and seems to be good. I am really a novice when it comes to mechanics on these things. Thanks for all you help.

Unclediezel
12-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Its tuff to say for sure--But I can tell you that points are very picky little creatures. they leave absolutely no room for error---so check them again. If you can get a hold of a compression gauge ---check it-- If its close to spec--You can basically rule out valves----

adamsj13
12-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Is a compression tool expensive? I don't know of anyone i could borrow it from. I just moved to Sacramento From Ohio and don't know many people yet. Thanks

KASEY
12-26-2005, 10:40 PM
It just didn't have the power my brothers did. So he tried to adjust the valves and hasn't ran since.

I WOULD SAY YOU DON'T,,,, have your valves right...if its firing back through the carb i would say you have them tooo tight,,,

adamsj13
12-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that might be able to help me? I can pay. Thanks