PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Axle/ Tri-Z

Stu-Pedasso
12-23-2005, 05:37 AM
Will the Banshee axle work in the Tri-z? Here is what I have and what happened while trying to install. A G-force axle for the banshee/raptor/blaster and a stock Tri-z swing arm. When I install the axle a sleeve is pushed out of the carrier (that’s not right). My buddy had a lonestar axle in his Tri-z without any other modifications. (Or so he said)

Derrick Adams
12-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Banshee axle is supposed to be a direct swap. It could be that your sleeve has excessive build up on the inside of it and won't let the axle thru.

LonesomeTriZ
12-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Banshee axle is supposed to be a direct swap. It could be that your sleeve has excessive build up on the inside of it and won't let the axle thru.

Yep, what he said.

That or the sleeve itself is deformed in some way.

Stu-Pedasso
12-23-2005, 02:49 PM
The deformation or excessive build up could be a factor it has about 20 years of crud from previous owners (lol). Is that sleeve really nessesary (Could I get by without it)? I don't want to "cobble it up" but does it weaken it any? What purpose does it serve? Sorry about all the questions.

twgranger
12-23-2005, 03:27 PM
I am running a stock banshee axle on my Z with no mods, slid right in.

ATCWRENCH
12-23-2005, 05:58 PM
the sleeve is needed to help support the inner race of the bearings. when you tighten the nuts down on the axle the sleeve keeps the inner races of the bearings from getting stressed inward and causing pre-mature bearing failure.

mike from long island
12-23-2005, 06:22 PM
they still sell those inserts new from yamaha i think it was $8 bucks? i just all new bearings seals and the insert. this way it is all new. i have a LSR axle in my 85 Z it fit right in there with no problem.