PDA

View Full Version : Adding weight to front of 3wheeler.

cajun66
12-22-2005, 09:53 PM
I know the title sounds odd, but, last weekend I used my 200 to pull a deer out of the woods and had a problem I should've anticipated.
This is the first year I took my ATC hunting with me and when I killed my deer,I thew him on the rack and figured I had it made. But after cussing the lack of steering for a few minutes, I ended up tying a rope to the axle housing and to the antlers of the deer. Drug the SOB out easily enough but brought half the brush and briars out also on the antlers.
Has anyone ever added weight to the front of their 3wheeler to facilitate hauling a heavy load on rough terrain? Any pics of how you did it?

85hondaatc125m
12-23-2005, 12:39 AM
What I do when I am in snow and I want to turn or do a brake torque and get weight at the front I just sit on the Gas Tank. Hope that helps.
_125m_

Yamahauler
12-23-2005, 12:46 AM
If you have a front rack, tie a couple 20lb weights on it That would probaly be enough to balance it.
I guess if you want, you could use a big rock too

TravEX
12-23-2005, 01:11 AM
I suppose you could use liquid ballast, like farmers use in tractor tires. It might work, but might be prone to flats cause of the extra weight on the tire. I think that liquid is just antifreeze and water, it might have some oily stuff in it to keep the wheel from rusting. Just a thought.

patblkwell
12-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Here is what I did to solve that problem...it's a good 25 lbs or so with the mounting plate and all..