PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tri-Z, clutch basket question and shavings question

Kintore
12-22-2005, 08:38 PM
I pulled my side cover tonight cause she cracked:rolleyes:
Since the case hit the basket, one of the 2 tangs on a duo of tangs broke off. Only one of the two, all the other tangs are OK.

Will this affect anything?
Heres a pic I stole from 2X, hope you dont mind!

And also when I put everything back together and theres shavings in there, how do I get them out? fill up with oil, drain repeat 2 times?

CHAINSAW
12-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Ive ran many a machine with broken clutch baskets for a while. They will just keep chipping the tangs off. The only thing is.. thats a nice piece of aluminum flying around in your case. Try to replace the basket soon, but Ive never had any problems running ones with a few tangs broke off.

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-22-2005, 11:13 PM
i have two broken off on mine, they are weak, when they broke on mine i thought the motor seized, but after two or three really hard kicks, it broke loose, i cleaned it all out, and its been fine ever since, oem baskets are $170, and a banshee wont fit

Kintore
12-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Chainsaw, I found the peice. So its all clean in there. If its fine to run then so be it. Thanks for the help guys!

CHAINSAW
12-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Ronnie has talked in the past about making billet clutch baskets.. not sure if he ever put anymore thought into it.. but it would be nice to have some floating around :)

mywifeknowseverything
12-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Ronnies Baskets are still in the works...I talked with him the other day about them...Seems the Guy doing the Machine work hasnt had a chance to get to them yet:rolleyes:

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-23-2005, 12:12 AM
ive been waiting for one of them for a year now, he's gettin older;) , and SLOWER!:D

hrc85250r
12-23-2005, 12:17 AM
i personally wouldnt run that basket even if you cant physically feel anything wrong. that basket is somewhat balanced from the factory, when a tang gets broken off the balnce is off and now even though you cant feel it, it is off and its putting wear on the clutch hub bearing(s) and is probably putting even more stress on the tangs around that broken one to take up the slack of that one being gone, and, whatever caused that one to break probably affected some of the other ones too, even if it is old age and stress cracks. chances are someday it will grenade and you will lose a case half or worse.just find a good used basket and do it right.

mywifeknowseverything
12-23-2005, 12:18 AM
You've been Waiting:wondering I thought I was the only one that waited around here:eek:

Hes soooooo Slow,,,,Im sending him one of MY Clutch Baskets!!!!:TrikesOwn

2XTREME
12-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Kintore, I can't believe you used my picture without asking.LOLOLOL Dude no problem,use them anytime.LOL
Man I just missed out on a basket on ebay.It went for $26.00 and was perfect.I did win the auction for the bottom end that the basket came from.It was from a
'86.I bought it for that little thing they call 6TH GEAR!!!!! $126.00 shipped:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I can't wait to get her back together.
QUESTION: Does the basket out of a '86 YZ250 fit?
X:w00t:

mywifeknowseverything
12-23-2005, 12:36 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!

That was 03 Orange Shee that Stole your Clutch Basket:lol:

Yamahauler
12-23-2005, 12:44 AM
The 86 YZ250 baskets are the same
I think its 81-89 or something (dont quote me, I have a bad memory)

2XTREME
12-23-2005, 01:06 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!

That was 03 Orange Shee that Stole your Clutch Basket:lol:
OOOOHHHHHH He will Pay!!!LOL:lol: Actually I got to bull shitting with my secretary and missed it by a couple minutes.I was wizzed off at myself.MWKE,Do you know of a jug for sale????? I need one soon!:wondering
X