PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Xuk
02-26-2003, 01:39 PM
i went today to get quotes for prices of respraying my 200x frame :) i went to 2 different places the first charging me $79.0210 and the second charging me $39USD, i want to get this done asap he says it will take about 2-3days to complete the respray (i opted for the second guy :) ) and he was a very nice chap, i even tried a little bribery on him (very subtle of course), i let him have a go on the 200x :) i loved it from the start, ok well to the point, in order to get this done i need to strip the trike to the bone i need serious help doing this (including advice and tips) i would like to get it done asap as i want the project to commence soon !

jeswinehart
02-26-2003, 07:38 PM
hi Xuk.
one thing i can say from my limited experiance is to start with a clean work area + storage area. by that i mean if you have other parts around,,, box em up and clear a spot. i use a couple of boxes for parts and coffee can for nuts and bolts when taking a trike apart.
if you are taking the triple tree apart,,,, those ball bearings are very hard to find when dropped so use extra precaution there.
i bet you find a buch of little things you want to do to your trike when you get apart like wire wheeling parts clean and the like,,,

good luck,,,, john

oh yeah, a old 55 gallon barrell makes for a nice work platform,,, saves the back alot. i use a come along to hoist trikes up on them.