PDA

View Full Version : ATC 250R 10 - 15 HP increse!?

TtownJoeShow
12-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey, i'm in the proses of buying a, 38mm Keihin PWK air striker, Power curve reed valve G3 (and intake) and a DG exhaust for my 1983 atc 250r bored 0.75mm over.
Can't wait till its done! say about a month...i am just wondering if anyone else has done this much of an upgrade?
please only reply if you know what you are talking about...

thank you in advance!

BigGreenMachine
12-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Won't be that much of an increase trust me. I've done the 38mm carb, Vforce reed cage and DG full exhaust on my Tecate and it is prollay only good for another 5 hp if that.

BLAZERONE22
12-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah on a air R its not worth spending the cash, maybe upgrade to a 85R carb and a K&N filter...

Derrick Adams
12-21-2005, 01:26 PM
I've seen plenty of fast air coolers. Go for it, it's not like you can't resell the stuff later! There are many board members that have done tons of upgrades to thier air coolers.

BLAZERONE22
12-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, but they wined out pretty quick stock already. a mod like that is like putting an elevator in a 2 story house. Yeah its cool, but for the money I'd just soon take the stairs.

hrc85250r
12-21-2005, 02:53 PM
if your going to do all that, have it ported and the big carb and exhaust will really shine....match your intake boot to the reed cage and smooth everything out on the intake side, except the inside of the cylinder...a good port job will really make any motor crank...

trikezilla
12-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah on a air R its not worth spending the cash, maybe upgrade to a 85R carb and a K&N filter...

I agree. I have alot of work done to my aiR cooleR. I started w/ the full DG system, and to be honest it wasnt all that great, but there were noticeable power gains. I also have tried a 85R carb (temporarily...on loan for ice racing) and it made a huge difference (with my particular engine set-up), so IMO I would go with that. I also run a K&N and love it, and it too makes a bit better throttle response.