PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200x 1985

welfareglasses
12-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Anyone own a 1985 Honda 200x? I am looking to get one used. How do they run? I am a big guy 300 pounds and want to know if a used one will putt my big but around the feilds and cannals of Tulare Ca. Is there a big difference between a 200 and 250? What does the X stand for?

ATCWRENCH
12-20-2005, 05:28 PM
I have one and it does a real good job. I as well am about your size and the 200X(X stands for 4 stroke on honda atc's) is not the best for my size or your size but they are fun for how small they are. if you could find a 350X in good shape I would go that route instead of the 200.

ATCT
12-20-2005, 05:46 PM
I have one and it does a real good job. I as well am about your size and the 200X(X stands for 4 stroke on honda atc's) is not the best for my size or your size but they are fun for how small they are. if you could find a 350X in good shape I would go that route instead of the 200.

ATCWRENCH, I agree with you. I too have a 200X, and am a bit over 6'3" and is a tad bit small for me. The one thing I worry about is if he has experience riding trikes or at least dirtbikes, cause a 350X has a hell of a lot of power for a novice rider. If this is the case, perhaps a 250ES Big Red might be a better route. That's just my opinion though.

ATCWRENCH
12-20-2005, 06:11 PM
ATCWRENCH, I agree with you. I too have a 200X, and am a bit over 6'3" and is a tad bit small for me. The one thing I worry about is if he has experience riding trikes or at least dirtbikes, cause a 350X has a hell of a lot of power for a novice rider. If this is the case, perhaps a 250ES Big Red might be a better route. That's just my opinion though.

I second your opinion and totally agree with you.

I guess I get a little ahead of myself and think that everyone that talks on here has some kinda riding skill under their belt.

a big red of any kind would be a good choice for the big plush ride and the stump pulling torque.

firefirefire90
12-20-2005, 06:53 PM
How much are you willing to spend on one? Mine is race ready...:D

And to me X stands for Xtreme but i agree with everyone that X for honda means 4 stroke. If you want a semi sport quad..i would not reccomend a big red...of any kind. IF you'r looking for a beginner sport/utility...250sx would be my choice. Where in CA are you? south north?

welfareglasses
12-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I have had riding experience. I have handeled some 250's 500's and 110s. I don't think too much power is a real big deal, I am kinda looking for a little more power than a 200x, maybe a 250 or higher. If I can test ride one, I could tell if it has enuf power for the sport rideing I do. Thats just going to be rideing on the little hills and ditches around my town. I don't really need one for utility, just sport. I live in Tulare California. I am willing to spend between $500 and $700, I know thats not much but its all I can spend:>. The only problem is that I have no wheels as it is, so I was looking for one that is real close to my town.

ATCT
12-20-2005, 10:11 PM
I have had riding experience. I have handeled some 250's 500's and 110s. I don't think too much power is a real big deal, I am kinda looking for a little more power than a 200x, maybe a 250 or higher. If I can test ride one, I could tell if it has enuf power for the sport rideing I do. Thats just going to be rideing on the little hills and ditches around my town. I don't really need one for utility, just sport. I live in Tulare California. I am willing to spend between $500 and $700, I know thats not much but its all I can spend:>. The only problem is that I have no wheels as it is, so I was looking for one that is real close to my town.

Ah, we'll I would recommend a 350X then, if it weren't for your price range. I think you'd a bit hard-pressed to find a good shape & running 200X for $700, let alone a 250 R/SX or 350X. If you're willing to put a bit of work into one, I'd say you have a decent shot at a 200X. I've seen a couple here in SoCal go for $750-800.

Maybe some others here on the board would have a difference of opinion.

wanta250r
12-21-2005, 12:55 AM
I don't know if you should go with a 200x. I'm 210lbs and a 200x doesn't cut it for me. Thats just my opinion, it could be totally different for you.... but its something to think about.