PDA

View Full Version : V-FORCE 3 reeds Q

85 250sx
12-19-2005, 10:58 PM
hello i was going to buy some v-force 3 reeds for my 86 R but when the guy went to order them he saw a note that said not for atv use and they where listed for the cr250 only and he couldnt find any that said for 250r so i was wondering what years cr250 reeds bolted up to the 250r engines?

he also called up some place and asked them about it but they told him the company went out of buisness witch i think is BS i realy doubt a leading company like that would flop over.

Red Rider
12-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Rocky Mountain MC/ATV has them for the 86-89 TRX250R, which should interchange with the ATC 250R with no problems. They are part # 23896.
According to several different parts catalogs, the V-Force 3 reed valves are tailored to each individual bike application. I know for a fact that the CR250 has a sharper bend in the carb-to-reed valve insulator than the ATC or TRX does, so it might hinder the performance of your ATC if you buy the CR one.

AZ250R
12-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Contact them and ask:

http://www.mototassinari.com/

I called them a few years back and asked why there were two different P/Ns for the 85CR vs 85R 250 motors and if I remember right they told me there were no differences other than the P/N. This was VFII reeds back then though, doubt it changed for the VFIIIs either.

Red Rider
12-21-2005, 12:58 AM
AZ, if you do remember & recounted the conversation correctly, whoever you talked to must not have known what they were talking about. It makes no sense at all to assign different part #'s to the same part. There must be some difference in them.

hrc85250r
12-21-2005, 02:57 PM
well, i bet they did it to avoid confusion in one way, but they accidentally caused it another way.... they probly used different part numbers so you dont think you got a cage for an atc if you did order it for a cr.... cause people are generally stupid they wont look through the list to see several wheelers and bikes share the same intakes.....i reckon thats why.

AZ250R
12-21-2005, 03:10 PM
well, i bet they did it to avoid confusion in one way, but they accidentally caused it another way.... they probly used different part numbers so you dont think you got a cage for an atc if you did order it for a cr.... cause people are generally stupid they wont look through the list to see several wheelers and bikes share the same intakes.....i reckon thats why.
Yeah, they said it was more for bookeeping crap (well it was a girl but hey...) she even got the two out and looked @ them side by side and couldn't tell the diff. I was so skeptical that's why I called and made her go through all this. :rolleyes: :cool:

85 250sx
12-21-2005, 06:09 PM
well i emailed them yesterday but havnt gotten a responce

85 250sx
12-22-2005, 11:24 PM
yeah it deffanatly does show them as having them at Rocky mountain atv but i wanted to get it from my dealer since its kinda hard to pay online with out a credit card.

85 250sx
12-23-2005, 02:47 PM
so does any body wana do me a favor and order these for me? ill pay for all charges and give you an extra 5 or six bucks for your troubles.