PDA

View Full Version : Fork mods for flat-track

Derrick Adams
12-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Anyone know of a way to mod front forks to lower the trike without sliding them up on the triples? I realize I can cut the springs to lower the tubes, but i'm not sure what to do to keep them from lifting way up on acceleration.

I don't really want to do anything to damage the forks. I wouldn't have a problem with trimming the springs though.

BigGreenMachine
12-16-2005, 06:54 PM
What trike?

The liquid 250 R looks to have a topout spring, remove that to lower the bike and if its too low use PVC spacers to get the height you want.

The Tri-Z I don't know, haven't seen a diagram of the fork internals.

ATCWRENCH
12-17-2005, 11:25 AM
find the jimmy white replica book on the sight and look at the page that is on the forks for how to lower them. some people may like how it is done others may not. but it is a better idea than sliding the forks up in the trees

KASEY
12-17-2005, 06:52 PM
easy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, take the short spring out of the top and put it under the dampening rod ,,,, nothing changes and BANG your 4 " lower,,, if you have a spare set of forks set them up like that and it will make it easier to swap,,, that way you still have the same spring rate ,and when you do a wheelie the front end won't extend out to the stock lenght either,, and it doesn't look mickey mouse with the forks sticking way above the bars,,,, :cool: :cool:

ATCWRENCH
12-19-2005, 11:33 AM
pretty much what the jimmy white replica book says to do