PDA

View Full Version : well crap! about 1/2 hour on 300cc engine and now i've got a tranny problem

mikey's250sx
12-15-2005, 05:35 PM
well it's finally done and i have put about 1/4 mile on it.(it's snowing and sleeting here now) it is so fast compared to my old 250sx and i haven't even gotten on it or been out of 3rd gear. the only thing i don't like is how small and close the rear brake pedal is. i kept missing it. oh well i probably just won't use it. i will take some pics tomorrow or saturday when the weather is better. i did find out the holeshots suck in deep snow. i have about 6" on the field behind my house and they don't hook up at all. now i just want the snow to go away. it was a long and expensive road to get it done too. i have about 1400-1500 into it so far and i still don't have a headlight or grab bar.

BigGreenMachine
12-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Shoot up some pics, if you need someone to post them I'd be happy to. I had a ride on the T3 today and the back brake I don't have would have been useful lol. Cut off the lever about halfway and weld in an piece of similar metal to extend it then weld it all together.

Two strokes suck in the deep snow, all spin and no go. I'm praying for mild weather as well, dirt is where its at lol.

mikey's250sx
12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
when it hits the powerband in 2nd gear it pops out of gear. same thing with 3rd. haven't gone past 3rd yet. with the bike off it clicks through all the gears just fine. and i have no problem with first except i have to shift into second in about 50 feet. with the engine apart and the shift forks out on the end of the forks there are these little raised pads. well they were visibly worn but not flat across the face. could this be causing the problem? also when it pops out of second it's like i am hitting the brakes it slows right down. not like a lockup stop but definitely slows faster than coasting to a stop.please tell me my clutch is just adjusted wrong or something easy!!! i do not ant to take the engine apart again.

any other info i can give you guys to help diagnose?

mikey's250sx
12-16-2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.photodump.com/direct/allisonmo2/250r001-T.jpg (http://www.photodump.com/viewer/allisonmo2/250r001.html)

mikey's250sx
12-16-2005, 12:23 PM
http://www.photodump.com/direct/allisonmo2/250r002.jpg

ATCWRENCH
12-16-2005, 12:33 PM
the 2 things that I can think of right now are the the shift drum and the shift dogs(forks). that drum might be worn enough that it cant take the power of the 300 but it could with the 250 to complete a full shift.. the dogs could have been bent since the motor was rebuilt with a bigger fresh top end that produces more power.

anybody else with ideas, pipe up and say something cuz im stumped beyond here.

sp1tekiller
12-16-2005, 12:37 PM
What machine is that silencer from? I might see if I can get one to fit.

blue27
12-16-2005, 01:42 PM
sounds like bad shift forks, they are not fully engaging, did you check the gears out before you put it together? Were the slots on the side of the gears worn ,rouded over they should be a clean edge around the slot for the other gears dogs to engage? but I would say it is shift forks.

mikey's250sx
12-16-2005, 01:53 PM
the gears were suprisingly in good shape.

mikey's250sx
12-16-2005, 02:02 PM
from a cr250. fit with no problem on the aftermarket pipe(dg i think)