PDA

View Full Version : 350x aftermarket exhausts

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi again all, I am looking to buy an aftermarket exhaust for my 350x (85), what are you guys running currently on your rides and is there a clear cut "favorite" that all agree is the best-the motor is all stock as is the airbox and filter presently.

sp1tekiller
12-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Most of the 350x's I have seen have a DG on it, but I haven't heard too many good things about it.

2strokepwer
12-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Most people around here like the supertrapp exhaust. I am not sure if they are still making them but all that have them around here like supertrapp

Blown 331
12-16-2005, 12:52 PM
I have a brand new DG on mine. It looks ok and sounds good but I just don't care for the brand. I think it was NOS_350X has his set up to accept a 400EX exhaust, I think that's your best bet. Then you can get anything you want. Would be cool to have a Curtis Sparks or something like that on a 350X.

ScottZJ
12-16-2005, 12:55 PM
I have the DG Xccelerator system on my 350x and I love it. Its not stupid loud like most of the pipes but it gives it a mean rumble. You can also tune it by taking out slots in the rear.

http://www.fototime.com/{31A01480-F9C5-4F16-B955-6CC9F5750C27}/picture.JPG
http://www.fototime.com/{C6B63CDB-6CEA-490A-AA8B-E9ACAEF18AD9}/picture.JPG

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I have a brand new DG on mine. It looks ok and sounds good but I just don't care for the brand. I think it was NOS_350X has his set up to accept a 400EX exhaust, I think that's your best bet. Then you can get anything you want. Would be cool to have a Curtis Sparks or something like that on a 350X.

I agree, I have used the DG systems on my Warrior,fl350 odysseys and other rides and have not liked them either, I was hoping to go with SUPERTRAPP OR A WHITE BROTHERS, I HAVE USED THEM IN THE PAST AND HAD NO ISSUES WITH THEM, DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAS if they still make a exhaust for the 350x by chance?(dam keys, sorry for the caps-lol).Did NOS350X post a picture by chance of his setup?was there any type of mods to be done to get it to fit?

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 01:03 PM
I have the DG Xccelerator system on my 350x and I love it. Its not stupid loud like most of the pipes but it gives it a mean rumble. You can also tune it by taking out slots in the rear.

http://www.fototime.com/{31A01480-F9C5-4F16-B955-6CC9F5750C27}/picture.JPG
http://www.fototime.com/{C6B63CDB-6CEA-490A-AA8B-E9ACAEF18AD9}/picture.JPG

Thanks for the picture, did they have the header pipe as well for that silencer?, mine is trash and I want to replace it-also where did you purchase it from ROCKY MTN?

3Razors
12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Im a free flowing straight exhaust fan myself ie. not super trapp. Supertrapp exhausts give you more low end due to the backpressure of the disk system. But reverse cone '"straight through" exhausts like dg, cobra, bassani give you more mid and top end performance. Just depends on what type of power curve you want. On a side note on the dg '"rcm"' systems you can run the supertrapp spark arrestor on them.

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Im a free flowing straight exhaust fan myself ie. not super trapp. Supertrapp exhausts give you more low end due to the backpressure of the disk system. But reverse cone '"straight through" exhausts like dg, cobra, bassani give you more mid and top end performance. Just depends on what type of power curve you want. On a side note on the dg '"rcm"' systems you can run the supertrapp spark arrestor on them.

do you know of a company that sells a system by chance? I see Dennis Kirk has the "rcm" systems, have you had much success with them?I do mostly tight,narrow,hilly low end trail riding here in NJ, so I would prefer a low end type system rather than the high end/top speed one.Thanks for your help!!!

3Razors
12-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Dennis Kirk has them. I think "Ronnies atv" has them in stock aswell. The DG aluminum rcm system comes with the larger headpipe too. When * order just order the spark arrestor system for it also. The spark arrestor even says "supertrapp" on it:)

ScottZJ
12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the picture, did they have the header pipe as well for that silencer?, mine is trash and I want to replace it-also where did you purchase it from ROCKY MTN?

Yes you can order it with the header if you want. I didnt change mine out cuz the header was fine and plus I didnt want to break the dreaded bolts off in the head like most do.

Blown 331
12-16-2005, 01:31 PM
I agree, I have used the DG systems on my Warrior,fl350 odysseys and other rides and have not liked them either, I was hoping to go with SUPERTRAPP OR A WHITE BROTHERS, I HAVE USED THEM IN THE PAST AND HAD NO ISSUES WITH THEM, DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAS if they still make a exhaust for the 350x by chance?(dam keys, sorry for the caps-lol).Did NOS350X post a picture by chance of his setup?was there any type of mods to be done to get it to fit?

He did post a picture, looked great. I just did a seach and I couldn't find it. If he sees this I'm sure he'll post a picture. He had to cut and weld the head pipe. I would like to do that to mine.

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Yes you can order it with the header if you want. I didnt change mine out cuz the header was fine and plus I didnt want to break the dreaded bolts off in the head like most do.

Do you remember the part number by chance/ and the company you bought it from?

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Dennis Kirk has them. I think "Ronnies atv" has them in stock aswell. The DG aluminum rcm system comes with the larger headpipe too. When * order just order the spark arrestor system for it also. The spark arrestor even says "supertrapp" on it:)

Ronnies ATV-ok I'll check him out, thanks for the tip on the spark arrestor, sometimes they require 1 on the exhasut at the parks I ride in, I apprec the help!!

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 02:05 PM
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/MMYSkuDisplay.jsp;jsessionid=KFLFAIV1GYHXVLA0WTISM 4VMDK0NCIV0?leafCatId=10901&catId=109&store=Main&mmyId=10270 heres what Kirk has, they dont have the spark arrestors for most of these, is this the "rcm" system you are speaking of by chance?

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 02:14 PM
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/MMYSkuDisplay.jsp;jsessionid=KFLFAIV1GYHXVLA0WTISM 4VMDK0NCIV0?leafCatId=10901&catId=109&store=Main&mmyId=10270 heres what Kirk has, they dont have the spark arrestors for most of these, is this the "rcm" system you are speaking of by chance?
What by chance is the difference from the stage 1 to the stage 3 exhausts like here on Dg's page http://www.dgperf.com/store.asp Is the complete excelerator kit on the bottom for 319.00 the way to go?

3Razors
12-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Dennis kirks online site is kinda crappy and hard to find items. Do you have the big catalogue that they send out? It is in the catalogue. Also you can order from DG direct, they are the same price pretty sure. I dont know the number off hand though...

3Razors
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
I am talking about the dg rcm series. Just call dg direct they will give hook you up with the spark arrestor.

mudbogger
12-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all the great help guys, I decided to go for the DG Xcelerator series pipe and silencer-I am still trying to figure out the posi lock axle nut mscenario though for my new Durablue axle-thanks again for everything guys!!:w00t:

NOS_350X
12-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Well with a little work you can make the 400ex headpipe fit, and the way i did it i can even use the 400ex slipon, so i basicaly have any choice of exhaust for my 350x.

I have a bunch of exhausts, Dg, bassani, Whitebrothers R4 and eseries, and supertrapp.(not the supertrapp for a 350x mine is much better) I really like the supertrapp better. I just remove the discs when i want topend, and leave them in when i want some bottomend. I HATE the dg's, no power and LOUD.

BLAZERONE22
12-17-2005, 02:06 PM
What by chance is the difference from the stage 1 to the stage 3 exhausts like here on Dg's page http://www.dgperf.com/store.asp Is the complete excelerator kit on the bottom for 319.00 the way to go?

I bought that DG stage 3 for my old 350x, I did prefer the supertrap over it. Kreem makes a coating, not sure if it works or not, but the DG headpipe will blue. be careful unbolting your old headpipe those studs can be buggers. You might replace them if they come out with your nut.

http://images.snapfish.com/3457%3A74723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2324%3D589%3D656%3DX ROQDF%3E232354%3A8237%3B8ot1lsi

350Xccelerator
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I have a supertrapp on mine, sounds great and i could relly feel the power gains, paid $85 for it shipped to my door.

NOS_350X
12-17-2005, 08:25 PM
I have a supertrapp on mine, sounds great and i could relly feel the power gains, paid $85 for it shipped to my door.

So when ya guna come ride with us cali guys?

mudbogger
12-17-2005, 10:44 PM

Do you remember were you got it from and if it is still made?

69HemiGTX
12-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Here's another option if you're interested:

450R muffler on a 350X (http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=25052&highlight=350x+450r)

350Xccelerator
12-18-2005, 01:56 PM
So when ya guna come ride with us cali guys?
i dont know man lol. where do you guy's ride at?

NOS_350X
12-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Everywhere, ive pmed you several times informing you when we do. Never any response.

mudbogger
12-18-2005, 02:31 PM
oh oh, better check that mail!!!

350Xccelerator
12-18-2005, 02:33 PM
oh crap im sorry about that, i just dont have much time anymore with work and all, hopefully when i start going to school again ill have more time, i havent ridden in a looooong time.

fyi
12-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Just out of curiosity~ What are some of the issues you folks with DG exhausts have with them?

Fitment?
Sound?
Power?
Build quality?

I ask because I'm in the middle of putting my 1985 350x together again and it's about time to look to the exhaust system next. If there is no good flow-through exhaust systems out there because of the issues listed above, I'll just build my own here, as we have a fabrication area at the shop where we can make whatever we want. (tig welders, pipe benders, flaring/collector formers, etc...)

I don't know what's good or not out there as far as exhaust systems go... Thanks guys! ;)

mudbogger
12-18-2005, 09:39 PM
It seems the most compliants have been noise related although I have had DG exhausts on my Warrior,RAPTOR AND THE FITMENT OF THESE SYSTEMS was my main complaint, I have had a hard time locating anytype of Supertrap system for my 350 presently.Hope this helps you.

fyi
12-18-2005, 09:52 PM
It does help a bit, thanks! :)

markdb420
12-18-2005, 10:24 PM
The DG RCM that I had on my 350x cracked and had to be welded. It broke at the bend under the fender. My buddy has it now and the fitament is crappy. The place where the headpipe and the muffler connect always has leaked and both are DG pieces bought at the same time! The muffler hole is and always has been too large and no matter what clamp you use it still will leak! He used header wrap to make it fit better but it still is a problem. Hit the studs with PB Blaster a day or 2 before you want to remove the nuts on the header studs. I would go with the SuperTrapp as a first choice. Oh someone mentioned to get the diffuser discs for the DG RCM exhaust, well DG doesn't carry them any longer and the muffler is smaller than the RCM for the 400ex, which you can use Supertapp diffuser 4" discs for. I tried to find some discs for my old 350x but htere was none to be had. They used to come with the exhaust so someone may have some laying around, but the new RCM's don't even have the holes to bolt on some discs, anymore.

fyi
12-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Geeez, sounds like a POS system..... Looks like we'll be fabricating something custom then which is a plus, that way I can design a merge collector that optimizes the primary twin pipe length to suit the powerband of the new engine. ;)