PDA

View Full Version : I just received some NOS goodies for my YTM's that I did not even know existed.

LonesomeTriZ
12-14-2005, 10:12 AM
These items just arrived from the YTM fairy. A while back I posted a thread asking for any information on uncommon YTM accessories.
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=43242

I was sent some information about these parts on eBay. I just had to have them. All of it is brand new. The racks are intended to hold a rifle scabbard. Does any body know if the new Yamaha version will fit? Now all I have to do is find a front rim to match the Douglas rear rims I have.

350x'inNY
12-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah... seems like someone posted about the gun things... they run from the rear rack down to the footpeg right?

Bruce

Lomax
12-14-2005, 07:13 PM
What year and model is the YTM, I'll check with douglas to see if there's one (or more) still out there. Also, what grade are they? Blue. Black or Red.

LonesomeTriZ
12-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Bruce,

Yep. they run from the rear rack to the footpeg. i ahve not checked yet to see of my floor boards will be a problem or not.

Will,

They are blue label. I am not sure if that is a good thickness for a utility trike, but I do want to lighten it up some. Thanks for checking.

thefox
12-15-2005, 10:37 AM
I think someone has the gun racks instailed on a DX here.

LonesomeTriZ
12-15-2005, 10:41 AM

Any idea who that would be? :wondering

trikesown
12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
get ready for a ride you are gonna kill yourself that how my friends uncle got paralizedi wouldnt do that if you do stay below 4th gear and youll be fine get a helmat and hold on to your asse your in for a ride lol

Unclediezel
12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
?????????????-NOS-????????????????????????

New-Old -Stock----Its the brand new stuff that has been sitting on the shelf for years --so it cant be new stock -so its called old stock -but it cant be old -cause its actually new............................................... ..............

LonesomeTriZ
12-15-2005, 01:02 PM
?????????????-NOS-????????????????????????

New-Old -Stock----Its the brand new stuff that has been sitting on the shelf for years --so it cant be new stock -so its called old stock -but it cant be old -cause its actually new............................................... ..............

Okay, that kind of talk will give ua a headache.:lol:

Unclediezel
12-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Worse than having the gun rack tip and blow a hole in your NOS tank??-:lol:

LonesomeTriZ
12-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Hey now, don't wish bad luck on me like that.;)

How about this, "never used old stock"

Unclediezel
12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
That works----, Anything that doesnt scream Nitrous Oxide..............

LonesomeTriZ
12-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Hmmm, NOS on a YTM.....

Unclediezel
12-15-2005, 01:56 PM
get ready for a ride you are gonna kill yourself that how my friends uncle got paralizedi wouldnt do that if you do stay below 4th gear and youll be fine get a helmat and hold on to your asse your in for a ride lol

Just for clarification---:lol:

Unclediezel
12-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Sorry about the mix up---I would never wish any harm to a "Never Used" old stock fuel tank---

thefox
12-15-2005, 03:59 PM

Never mind, I was thinking of the guy that you must have bought them from;) .

LonesomeTriZ
12-16-2005, 08:52 AM
I have seen one Yamaha gun scabbord from the era show up on ebay. i have not seen one since. Any idea if it is still available?

LonesomeTriZ
12-16-2005, 09:51 AM

I just cought (with a little help;) ) what you were talking about. :lol: Trust me, I will not be installing nitrous on my YTM. :D

83200e
12-16-2005, 12:13 PM
He got off pretty easy with that comment. Must be the Christmas spirit.:D

Lomax
12-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Blue labels are the thinnest grade, have a GOOD tire shop mount up the tires or they'll destroy those wheels. I havent checked on the other one yet, What year and model is the YTM? also, I forgot to ask, do you need a front or rear??

LonesomeTriZ
12-17-2005, 10:20 AM
The front and rear rims are the same. I was hoping to get another one with the label on it becaue one of mine does not have it. So that one will be mounted in the front. bThey are very thin. i am a little concerned with running them on a utility, but as long as I ride with some common sense I think they will be alright.

350x'inNY
12-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I thnk they will mount fine with the floorboard. You might just have to get a longer bolt on the end. They both should bolt to the end of your footpeg.

Bruce

LonesomeTriZ
12-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Rodger that. I can not wait to start bolting everything together.

YAMAHA_Jim
12-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Dont mean to continue this topic in the wrong direction but, If anyone coulda used NOS on thier YTM it woulda been me at Trikefest05 during the MX races.
:naughty: I swear I had the throttle touching the grip the whole time and it just wouldnt go any faster. I did manage to pose for a pic or 2.
OK gents,,carry on with your new/old stock ytm parts :) ,,I have a few but no gunracks.

350x'inNY
12-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Dont mean to continue this topic in the wrong direction but, If anyone coulda used NOS on thier YTM it woulda been me at Trikefest05 during the MX races.
:naughty: I swear I had the throttle touching the grip the whole time and it just wouldnt go any faster. I did manage to pose for a pic or 2.
OK gents,,carry on with your new/old stock ytm parts :) ,,I have a few but no gunracks.

Yeah.... a couple of those pics I took look straight out of 3wheeling or Dirt Wheels! Dang it.... those pics are on my PC at work

Bruce

LonesomeTriZ
12-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I saw a few shots of you on that track. You were giving that ols hard tail hell. :lol: watching you cat walk that thing up that hill was pretty cool as well.:w00t: