PDA

View Full Version : Allways replacing rear bearngs

trikes4life
12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
I ahve bought 3 3 wheelers and my friend brought two to me, that we need to replace the rear wheele bearings. is it common that they don't last that long. But the ones i replcaed where all orginal i think..

slothminx
12-13-2005, 09:20 PM
If they are original then there 20+ years old.

i think thats enough said, they have lasted that long in mud and water so i would say they lasted just fine.

edog
12-13-2005, 09:37 PM
I think that the lock nuts come loose and cause's the axle to become loose.This wears on the bearing surface and bearing quicker as well.Over time ofcourse.

trikesown
12-13-2005, 09:50 PM
hey give the thing a break its old it should be goin out theres nothin wrong with the trike its just a little old itll be fine replace them and have fun while they are still legal and they are nice toys have fun while they last and good luck tryin to replace them bearings its not gonna be easy good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deathman53
12-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm still on the original swingarm and axle bearings on my 86 200x, and they are tight, no play, when the carrier goes, well I'm ordering a rad carrier in advance to replace it, when needed. I have new bearings, collar, bolt and stuff for the bike when needed.

monster 84r
12-13-2005, 10:45 PM
how exactly do you replace the carrier bearings?
sorry for stealing the thread. ill keep quiet from now on haha.

deathman53
12-13-2005, 11:12 PM
you have to remove the seals, heat the carrier on a hot plate, then move the sleave inside to the side and hit the bearings out, keep the carrier on the plate and put the new bearings in the freezer, push the cold bearings into the hot carrier and give it a tap if necessary to seat them. When everthing is cool put grease in there and place the seals.