PDA

View Full Version : what wheels will fit

traxxasx
12-13-2005, 01:34 AM
If anybody knows , i want to run a taller rim and skinner tire on the front on my yam. 225 dx. it has to fit the original brake/hub 3/100. so basicly im looking for a bigger rim with the tire that bolts right up. i have seen some 225's with a bigger rim and not the small orginal 22x11x8. any help would be good, and if anybody has one for sale would be better pm if you do?

I would like to find one like 23x8x11, somthing to get the front up more and a skinner tire.

Mike_Ham_250R
12-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't think you can do that, you are probably gonna have to swap front ends or something. But I am not sure.

thefox
12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
If you want taller and narrower then you will need to do a front end swap or make and adaptor plate for yours. Not only are there no other rims that will bolt up but they would be off center if they did unless you use an adapter plate. If you just want taller you can swap to a 200E front rim which runs a 25" tire but then you will need the triple tree and hub/axle too since it is an extra inch wide.

I would go with some nice plastic first.:beer

traxxasx
12-14-2005, 05:44 PM
thanks, yea im wating for my tripples to come so i can throw on my front fender. well see my freind with the "special edition" 225dx is running a skinner taller tire, that came on it when he bough it used. its a gold rim. im going to take a look at it to see what it is, and the size.

monster 84r
12-14-2005, 07:33 PM
wonder if its an adonized 250r rim, idn if it would fit though. post some pics of it, we could check it out.

are you looking for better handling?

traxxasx
12-14-2005, 08:42 PM
mainly im going for the look of a 250r front rim, or 350x. just that taller more sporty look. I will get some pics when i get my camera cable back from my bro. its a gold rim , that is whole as in it has no holes in it. ill get pic soon.