PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r Tires

Ordo
12-13-2005, 01:05 AM
I've read alot of post on this topic and can't make up my mind. I ride the typical mid-west muck, small river and creeks, fields, quarys, and timber. My final selection is down too Pure Sport Bandit, Fast Tracker, Holeshot HD. And I plan on running 9" wheels. Like to hear your personal experience's with these tires. Oh!! Here are a few links I found that have good prices on tires.

http://www.nebraskatire.com/hot_deals/atv/atv_hot_deals.htm

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/atv_tires.htm

jason85atc250r
12-13-2005, 01:09 AM
i would recomend RAZR 2 or holeshots. the fast trekkers have weak sidewalls( get slicedeasy) and dont get good traction. i know that from experience.

never heard anybody that likes the bandits. they said they don't get good traction either.

200xcellent
12-13-2005, 01:16 AM
I dont recommend bandits because they are heavy and dont clean themselves well. When the fast trekkers are grooved they become an excellent tire, just not as sturdy as the 6 ply tires(holeshot HDs and Razars).

NOS_350X
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
I love the fast trekkers, they hook up just fine and ive Never seen any problems with them at all. But my overall pick would be turftamers.

on1 250r
12-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Yea I Was Thinking About Getting The Hd Holeshots My Self, But * Do Alot Of The Turning On A Three Wheeler By Hitting The Gas And Spinning The Rear If * Dont It * Make A Big Azz Circle. I Was Wondering If The Hd With Their Tread On The Side Wall Will That Grab When Turning? What Do You Guys Think ? The Other Holeshot Selections Would Be Better.

Derrick Adams
12-13-2005, 05:21 AM
I agree with everyone else on the Bandits. Too heavy and don't work well. I also don't like the Fast Trekkers for trails. I don't particularly care for the Holeshots because the rubber compound wears out so fast. What I recommend is the GBC Shredders. They're real similar to the Holeshots and wear twice as long. They will also give you a lot better ride than the HD's.

Wouldn't get too worried about swinging the rear around on that R. I've never had a problem with any rear tires on mine (Except the 22" mudders)

If you really want a well performing tire that you can slide and get great forward traction, look at the stock 400ex rears. They're awesome on a trike!

Tyler 54
12-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Everybody seems to hit it right on, BANDITS SUCK LOL.

The Trekkers are cool, except they do puncture very easy. I know that turf tamers dont look the Best, however I believe they are one of the best and cheepest tires you can get.

If you really have the cash to spend, Go ahead and buy a Razr2 or an IRazr Both of these tires are 6 ply. I have a friend who runs the Razr2's on his 400ex, he is over 300 lbs and rides the crap out of it, Gravel roads, creeks, timbers, asphalt. Even known to do some burnouts with them. He has had these tires for two years and they stil look brand new. Keep in mind we are hard on stuff around here, and ride every week 1-3 times. they grip like no other.

So if you have the money go ahead and buy a tire that will last, Just make sure its a 6 ply...... I almost frogot in the two years of these tires life, we have never put air in them, nor ever had a puncture, even in thorns and rocky creeks. A 400Ex radial, or a fast trekker in these conditions wont last.

Ordo
12-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Well I thank all of you for your advice and opinion's. I'll steer clear of the Bandits and the fast trekkers. The turf tammer might work but I don't think they will work for climbing back out of creek beds with 30' walls. Thats why I was looking at the HD holeshots. Is the compound on the HD's different then some of the other holeshots. I want a tire that will wear well. But at the same time remembering tires don't last forever.

jason85atc250r
12-14-2005, 11:15 PM
the only difference of the holeshot HD's is the thicker sidewalls. turk tamers suck for a trail riding.

TravEX
12-15-2005, 12:15 AM
I have Shredders and the stockers off my EX I run on my R. The Ohstu radials are nice, ride good, hook up good on most terrain. The Shredders are heavy, but very sturdy, don't wear out too quick, and I would run them over anything and not worry bout hurting em. The Shredders stay on most of the time for all types of riding, but if I'm gonna be doing alot of high speed riding and pasture riding I'll throw the Ohstu's on. The Ohstu's look better too.

Tri-ZNate
12-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Knobbies as long as they are spread out are the ultimate to me when riding. They clean out well and hook up wjhen you want them to and when you dont :twisted:

TravEX
12-15-2005, 12:32 AM
That Nebraska tire has some good prices! Some for $37.50 free shipping for a 'cosmetically blemished' tire, I could live with that! I guess some of em are pull-offs?

NOS_350X
12-15-2005, 02:15 AM
the only difference of the holeshot HD's is the thicker sidewalls. turk tamers suck for a trail riding.

ive never herd of "turk tamers" If your refering to turf tamers why do you say they suck? Ive been running them for quite a while on one of my X's and have yet to have any problem.

Derrick Adams
12-15-2005, 05:30 AM
The problem with Turf Tamers, at least in trail conditions, is that they puncture to easily. I love Turf Tamers for anything else other than trail riding. For a tire to stay on my bike all the time, I would not run them.

TimSr
12-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Im sorry but Im going to strongly disagree with those who recommend Turf Tamers for midwestern trail riding. Once in a while somebody will show up with Turf Tamers for a cross country event, and the other riders all laugh at them!
Turf Tamers run great on a dry dirt track, and thats where they should stay! I have had a set for years, and thats what I run for MX racing. Once in a while Ive left the on for a trail ride when I didnt feel like changing them, and they are a joke. Im getting stuck in creek beds while TimJr passes me on a mini quad! Also, they are a 2 ply, very thin walled tire, and puncture very easily. If you are going to run them in Wellsville, make sure you take at least 4 or 5 with you. Just ask Andrew! They are great if you like getting stuck in mud, bent rims on rocks, and flat tires, at least for use in the midwest.
If you want a flat profile tire, the Razr, Holeshot, and look alikes Derrick mentioned are your best choices. Personally, Im not real concerned about easy powerslides in the woods, and I like a nice mud tire that grabs everything, and doesnt loose traction on that big hillclimb, buzzes through the deepest mud, works well in snow, and can handle some heavy duty rock abuse. I run cross country and I want a tough tire that gets the job done through the most extreme circumstances, and still give a comfortable ride. I like Maxi All-Trax. Those stock tires from the 400EX are great too, if you want a little less tire, and also the stock tires used on the Warrior are super. I like more tire on a big 2 stroke.

Ordo
12-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey Tim thats what I wanted to hear. Sounds like we do the same type of riding. I've seen those All-Trax's before but haven't heard anything about them until now. I still haven't made a final pic yet. So keep the post coming.