PDA

View Full Version : Help me troubleshoot my carb plz

atctim
12-12-2005, 08:44 AM
I went riding this wekend on my 350X. Everytime I would go up an incline it would stall out, like it's either running out of gas, or getting too much gas, I'm not sure which. It has never given me problems before. The tank looks clean, I don't think it's a dirt/rust issue. Once I would let it set for about 10 seconds, it would fire right up and run fine until I would come to another up-hill. Going downhill didn't have this effect. Anybody have any ideas as to what the heck is going on??????? Anybody else ever have this problem?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Unclediezel
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Something has gone wrong in your Float / carb bowl. Leaning the bike in an up direction causes fuel to "slosh" around in the bowl and "UNSUBMERGE" a jet-- If all checks out good--and you still have a problem--Check the bowl vents---they can restrict air inside the bowl --and the bowl wont fill to capacity

broook
12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Just a thought but the next time it happens slack off your gas tank filler cap quickly and you may hear the air sucking in. This indicates a slightly plugged cap vent. Happened on two m/cycles I have owned.