PDA

View Full Version : saw an amazing atc500r yesterday, hope owner comes on.

monster 84r
12-10-2005, 05:05 PM
i went to a shop yesterday to grab a new left hub, and i got talking to the owner of the shop. we got into talking about atc's, and he took me around back where i saw an amazing cr500 conversion. i gave the guy this url and hopefully he signs up.

he said also that his shop was thinking of remanufacturing the atc500r conversion kit. he almost went through with it, but not to many people down here wanted one. i bet if alot of people requested, hed start making and selling the kits.

this bike was a beast. for you az guys who've been to the cinders, this bike went up 100$ hill in 4TH GEAR! he said it tore the @#$^ out of his worked 450 in a drag.

wouldent it be awesoem though if someone reproduced these conversion kits?

Billy Golightly
12-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Thats kind of what I had the intention of doing with the Laegers kit I have. Its just taking a little while longer then I thought to get setup.

cragster
12-10-2005, 06:20 PM
thats awesome. i saw one guy on here that has a converison going on and unlike most who fit 500 motor in 250r frame..he used the 500r complete frame. Looks to be a little bit easier. If i was going to do a conversion i would do what he did!
That would be cool if he manufacted a kit.

cragster
12-10-2005, 06:21 PM
wait a sec....it was hondaATC! i think. cuz he made a subframe for it

Billy Golightly
12-10-2005, 06:35 PM
lol, yes. That would be me. I've got all the laegers conversion parts, I'm just only running the swingarm from that right now. I made my own aluminum subframe (Didn't need the extra weight and stuff from the flip up seat since I dont run any fenders) and I converted over to a 250R frontend so I can be lower in the front and for also less weight. I've got all the pieces pretty much.

monster 84r
12-10-2005, 10:44 PM
this guys conversion looked to be mostly the 500 frame. it had a +12 swinger. it had the cr frame, and alot of chrome. he defenately knows his way around a two stroke. he had some good stuff to say also.

Derrick Adams
12-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Bad thing about the CR frame is it's so tall. It really kills the ground clearance when the bike is sitting at an acceptable ride height.

cragster
12-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Bad thing about the CR frame is it's so tall. It really kills the ground clearance when the bike is sitting at an acceptable ride height.

yeah i noticed that on hondaatc's project page.

MTS
12-11-2005, 08:53 PM
It would be cool' if someone would build a kit that use's the newerstyle CR500 motor, with the updated pipe....and whatnot.....one that would bolt to a aluminum frame 250 would be freakin sweet.