PDA

View Full Version : 1982 185 S honda carb problems

67nova
12-10-2005, 12:47 AM
I have a 82 honda I just bought.It wouldnt run because someone out a inline filter I took it out cleaned the on off for the gas line and it starts great.The problem is it dont want to idle and it seems like it is flooding out if you hold it part throttle.If I drive it and hammer it its just fine just at part throttle it acts up.What should I check or do.I did not check the filter yet.What adjustments are there on the carb.The srcrew way on the bottom of the carb with like a needle is screwed all the way in is that right and the one half way in the middle of the carb with the spring is that for the idle it didnt seem to do anything.Who knows the adjustments for this carb baseline. Can anyone post a picture of a carb showing me what srews are which thanks. I dont have a book for this 3 wheeler.

twoodward15
12-10-2005, 07:10 PM
for that screw on the bottom, turn it out slowly until the bike stalls, then turn it in one full turn. restart and you should be fine there. ti may need a good cleaning like I did two posts down from yours. It sounds like we were having the same problem. Follow those suggestions and you should be in business. Just remember, when you buy a rebuild kit to use vaseline on the float bowl o-ring. Fill up the groove in the bowl and put the o-ring in as best you can. Pop it in your freezer fora few minutes to make it really thick and hard and push any spots in that didn't seat. Then immediately install it on your already cleaned carb!

Groundworx
12-10-2005, 09:08 PM
I just bought a 110. I can get to start with starting fluid, but can get it to stay running. Mine has those little inline filter on it too. I cleaned the carb thinking that was it, but it still isn't getting gas. Do those little inline filters cause it not to get gas?

sandpuppi101
12-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Carb 101- To understand how a carb works on these Honda machines is half the battle.The screw on the bottom is the fuel mixture jet,the jet down there allows your fuel mixture to be percise for when the machine is at an idle,the jet is calibrated to only let in a minimal amount of fuel into the motor.When the machine is at a higher idle or is accelerated the slide begins to go up an down-thus the jet needle comes up and allows gas to enter the carb from the needle seat.So I would suggest starting 1 1/2 out on the bottom jet,warm it up and fine tune adjust from there.And spend a few bucks,and buy a carb kit for the machine and clean it all up.That way you can eliminate alot of issues rite off the bat !!!

Edgar Cabrera
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I just bought a 185s three wheeler and when I get it started is way to accelerated what can I do?