PDA

View Full Version : Tiger 200: Might have found one, need some input

grundlegrabber
12-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Guys,
What do you all think is a good price for a tiger 200 in good original condition? I have found a guy that has one for sale, still waiting on pics but he says it's in good shape. I don't know much about the Tigers and I'm not sure what I should be paying for it. Any help?

88 Turbo Coupe
12-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Ask Onestopatv

88 Turbo Coupe
12-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Does it run? If not have you ever rebuilt a Rotax? $$$ Is the frame craked, welded or bent like ones I've seen in the past? Plastics craked? Axel bent. Fork seals? Bearings? Sprockets and chain? Brakes? I think you need more info from the seller to make a reasonable offer!

grundlegrabber
12-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Update: I finally spoke to the guy today. Turns out he was a tiger dealer back in the mid '80s. He is the original owner and the trike does not have too much use on it. Been in proper storage for many years. Sounds like it is in real good shape from his description. I'm sure it will need things like fork seals, chain, bearings, etc. simply due to age. He says it is in excellent cosmetic shape but the rear fender is cracked. He is going to dig it out and get pics next week. I need to know what I should offer him for this, he knows they're rare and he's not gonna give it away. I want to make a good offer on it but I don't really know what these sell for. What would an '85 Tiger 200 go for in real nice unmolested condition? Anyone have any ideas?

Orangecnty250r
12-10-2005, 10:07 PM
In that shape I seen them go for 2000-3500...I payed in that ballpark for mine (in worse shape) but it was an hour ride from me... and had some very cool things about it NOS pipe, good plastics, extra TIGER tank. Good luck and you should snag it up at your first opportunity.

If you can get it cheaper you are the man!!!