PDA

View Full Version : $156.50 Us 90 (1971?)

Vealmonkey
12-03-2005, 08:14 PM
I won this locally off ebay. The seller didn't know the year and the picture wasn't very detailed. When I went to pick it up, it's a us90, 1971 I think. US90 202502. And check out those wheel adaptors. The ebay listing said intermitent spark. The whole system was hand wired with some kind of funky switch. I will be looking on the bay for electrical goodies. Hope to get it running without too much trouble.

350x'inNY
12-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I won this locally off ebay. The seller didn't know the year and the picture wasn't very detailed. When I went to pick it up, it's a us90, 1971 I think. US90 202502. And check out those wheel adaptors. The ebay listing said intermitent spark. The whole system was hand wired with some kind of funky switch. I will be looking on the bay for electrical goodies. Hope to get it running without too much trouble.

From the forks, it must be a 72 or 73. I say that cause the 70/71 (K0) models didn't come with headlights standard. They were optional and had a mounting strap to the forks. The later ones had the tabs on the forks to mount the HL.

Also, the 70/71 Gastanks had a Honda emblem that screwed onto the tank.

Bruce

traxxasx
12-03-2005, 09:18 PM
man that thing is bad, besides the purple. (bad-as in good) if * get the motor working that thing will be a lil racer, those wheels look cool on it, wtf is that big black plastic thing in the wheel ??

350x'inNY
12-03-2005, 09:23 PM
man that thing is bad, besides the purple. (bad-as in good) if * get the motor working that thing will be a lil racer, those wheels look cool on it, wtf is that big black plastic thing in the wheel ??

It's the axle nut cover. So it originally had the big balloon tires. I lost one of mine driving my 1970 US90 home. :( You are right, doesn't look right on there.... Vealmonkey... you be willing to sell those axle caps?

Bruce

phreakboy
12-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Be happy, I changed my mind last minute otherwise it would have been mine:beer
I decided I shouldnt spend the money so close to christmas, however I do still need those fenders:rolleyes:

thefox
12-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Looks like a nice project. I kind of like the purple look, it makes it stand out a little.

Vealmonkey
12-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Thank you phreakboy, now I don't want to use it for parts, though. It has the fiberglass rear fender and an OK metal front fender. The engine serial number has us90 on it also. The person who had it must have pirated the front end off a later model 90, same with the tank I guess. I was trying to find the info on the 90 and I only saw 1970 as having the honda emblem tank. I haven't seen pictures of a 1971. The guy I picked it up from says he sees 3 wheelers around taneytown farms all the time and has wheeled and dealed some in the past. We exchanged numbers, so, maybe he can come up with some more goodies. He just sold a bultaco flattracker and a trx125. I'm trying to find info on the frame and engine numbers for 1971. In the spec. section it only shows 1970, then the numbers for 1972. I'll have to see how the axles look without the caps, but I might try getting some used balloon tires, there is a guy here in MD that is big into the 90's and says he has some real nice used tires.

350x'inNY
12-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Thank you phreakboy, now I don't want to use it for parts, though. It has the fiberglass rear fender and an OK metal front fender. The engine serial number has us90 on it also. The person who had it must have pirated the front end off a later model 90, same with the tank I guess. I was trying to find the info on the 90 and I only saw 1970 as having the honda emblem tank. I haven't seen pictures of a 1971. The guy I picked it up from says he sees 3 wheelers around taneytown farms all the time and has wheeled and dealed some in the past. We exchanged numbers, so, maybe he can come up with some more goodies. He just sold a bultaco flattracker and a trx125. I'm trying to find info on the frame and engine numbers for 1971. In the spec. section it only shows 1970, then the numbers for 1972. I'll have to see how the axles look without the caps, but I might try getting some used balloon tires, there is a guy here in MD that is big into the 90's and says he has some real nice used tires.

A 72-73 will still have US90 on the frame and engine. It was 1974 that they went to ATC90. Actually, looking at this site, I'd say yours is a 73??

ATC90 (US90) 1970-71 (K0)

The first ever ATC90, named the US90 as identified by the engine number prefix of US90. Produced from late 1969 through 1971. Distinguishing features: No headlight or tail-light, Honda name on tank in badge form instead of decal, plastic thumb throttle (prone to breakage and replaced under warranty with alloy unit)
7 digit engine number US90E-100122~

ATC90 (US90) 1971-72 (K0)

ATC90 (US90) 1973 (K1)
Second model ATC90, some changes from first model, Headlight & Tail-light become standard instead of optional. Seat cover appears to be different, Tank loses badge in favour of stick on decal. Otherwise basically unchanged.

Engine number US90E-2000001~