PDA

View Full Version : blown lights

dooner17
12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
my headlight hi-beam and taillight burned out, now all i have is low-beam. What would it be bulb"?

Howdy
12-02-2005, 06:36 PM
If you still have low beam, then there is a very good chance it's your bulb. Now it could be a wire become disconnected, but this generally isn't the case.
Howdy

Unclediezel
12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Probably bulbs---

But...................Dont forget to think about why they both burned out at the same time---A voltage spike from your electrical system can pop bulbs -and so can sheer coincidence---Just food for thought.
What is it???? (Type of trike)--Are low beam and Tailight on continuously while trike is running?

dooner17
12-03-2005, 12:32 AM
it's a 200s. i drove in town and they worked perfect. Hid it in the bushes behind the arena and when i left I started it and they both went out. Swithced it to low bam and it came on. I have a puch moped and if one bulb goes none of them work. Could this be the case for the taillight?

Unclediezel
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
I just looked at the wiring diagrams-----Just for laughs---Does the tail light come on with the low beam position?

Howdy
12-03-2005, 01:15 AM
it's a 200s. i drove in town and they worked perfect. Hid it in the bushes behind the arena and when i left I started it and they both went out. Swithced it to low bam and it came on. I have a puch moped and if one bulb goes none of them work. Could this be the case for the taillight?

No it wouldn't be the same. I have had machines where only the tail light or only hi or only low beam worked.
Howdy

dooner17
12-03-2005, 01:20 AM
ok ill check the bulbs tomorrow. The taillight does come on with low beam. bit not anymore/.