PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel allen head bolts rock!!

2XTREME
12-02-2005, 12:26 AM
I just got done installing the Polished Stainless steel allen head bolt kit I got off of ebay.Super nice kit.Every thing is labeled in its own little bag.I know he makes kits for numerous applications.I highly recomend fastenerguy on ebay if anyone is interested in a kit.Great guy to deal with.
X:beer

Yamahauler
12-02-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm planning on getting a kit fairly soon here too.
i hear that the bolts aren't as strong as stock ones though, so some people on here advise not to use them on suspension components.

2XTREME
12-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I don't know if I would say that.You know how on the Z the suspension bolts are a large shank and a little threaded stub on the end for the nut to go on.That is about confusing let me start over.You know how the Z suspension bolts have like a 12MM shank and like a 6MM or 8MM stub on the end for the nut.Well these allens are 12MM all the way across.I have no idea what grade difference they are if any.They look super trick and so easy to deal with.
X:w00t:

Yamahauler
12-02-2005, 12:39 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=42909
Here is a good thread about the bolts, I, personally have no experience witht their bolts.

BigGreenMachine
12-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I installed one of his kits on my first gen Tecate, looks nice and it gave me a few bolts I was missing as well.

James

Billy Golightly
12-02-2005, 12:48 AM
I've got a stainless kit in my Z and have had several break on me so far...bottom motor mount, 2 bolts by the exhaust, and one case bolt strangely enough.

2XTREME
12-02-2005, 12:50 AM
HMMM!Interesting Thread,
Well I will be putting them to the test.I don't see why I am gonna have any issues.I like how one guy said they were probably from China.HHMMMM all of our trikes are from Japan,Whats the difference.LOL:lol: :lol:
X

2XTREME
12-02-2005, 12:52 AM
I've got a stainless kit in my Z and have had several break on me so far...bottom motor mount, 2 bolts by the exhaust, and one case bolt strangely enough.
The same kit from ebay?Have you contacted the guy.How long after they were installed did they Break?
X

Billy Golightly
12-02-2005, 10:22 AM
No, mine was a different one actually from a forum member. Like i said, it depends on the grade of material mostly. I know not all stainless is brittle but some of it definetly is.