PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum wheels on a 250SX?

ebecme01
11-28-2005, 05:27 PM
I am trying to put a 250sx together and would like to know what is involved in putting aftermarket or honda aluminum rims on the rear, I know the rear hubs are side specific and the stock wheels are different than the chain drive atcs. Is this just cosmetic? What do I need? Also, will the 250es fuel tank fit? Does anyone know of another complete exhaust that works aside from the cobra in Dennis Kirk? I have a line on two parts 200Xs I can get really cheap. Is the rear shock the same length? Will the rear wheels work. I plan to change the front trees, tubes, wheel, brakes etc on my sx to the X. Any info on the 250SX would be appreciated.

C

Tri-ZNate
11-28-2005, 06:43 PM
I am trying to put a 250sx together and would like to know what is involved in putting aftermarket or honda aluminum rims on the rear

Is this just cosmetic?

Also, will the 250es fuel tank fit?

Does anyone know of another complete exhaust that works aside from the cobra in Dennis Kirk?

I have a line on two parts 200Xs I can get really cheap. Is the rear shock the same length?

Will the rear wheels work.

Go to Dennis Kirk and they should list some aluminum rims for the SX

Yes and it will also lighten the SX up some

I'm pretty sure they are different.

There is a Bassani, Supertrapp, and maybe others made for the SX that are discontinued.

The shock wont work unless you do some fabricating. Easiest thing to do is get a Works Shock

If they are 8in rims they probably will.