PDA

View Full Version : rear rack for a 70

Dave223
11-27-2005, 12:35 PM
I picked up a lil rack from a quad at the dump the other day....had too much free time on my hands, and a welder. This is what happened
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/bethrcno/P1010034.jpg

its not quite finished, still a lil grinding to do, some clean up then sand blasted. Can anyone think of a better way to mount the front without drilling the fenders, that would look better than this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/bethrcno/P1010033.jpg

BTW, it will sit level once its mounted, I just had it sitting there for the pics, Dave

dirtface
11-27-2005, 12:40 PM
That is neat! Almost looks like it was made for it. Great job.

Dave223
11-27-2005, 12:42 PM
I have a somewhat tweaked front rack for a Big Red out in my shop...for some reason I want to cut it down to fit the front end, perhaps build a "Lil Red"?:p

blue27
11-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Looks coool! I have seen some were they run a bar down to the footpegs and bolt it on there. Just an idea.

Vealmonkey
11-27-2005, 12:55 PM
The best way to go is to try and fit it to the points the stock rack would fit to. If you still have the stock grab bar, try mounting that up first and see if you can graft the 2 together. You can always try to run another mounting point down to where the skid plate bolts to the frame for more strength. I think the lil red idea would be cool. Not sure how the trike would handle if both racks were loaded down with coolers though. It would be a great pit bike or tailgating bike. I have a trx70 rear rack on mine. Hope the ideas might help, Good luck, post pictures.

Dave223
11-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Veal,
would it be possible to show pics of how your rack is mounted? Im trying to make this look really nice, and under no circumstances do I want to drill the fenders or run bars to the foot rests, Thanks, Dave

nouseforaname90
11-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Is there anywhere to mount it under the seat? Just run a bar over, make it go under the seat, and connect it there somewhere?

2strokepwer
11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
I have a rack for an atc 70. the rear grab bar. is still attached but it broke off the frame:cry:

Vealmonkey
11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
The rack for the TRx70 I have is small and they are not rated to carry alot of weight. I have a picture, I don't know if it shows how well the rack is mounted. If this picture doesn't show well, I will try and get another picture or 2 tomorrow. I hope this helps let me know, I'm on the midnight shift this week.

Vealmonkey
11-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Dave, If you look under your rear axle, there are bolts that hold your skidplate onto the bottom of your frame. The rear 2 are just below and behind where the rear axle is. If you got the same size bolts, but longer, you could make extensions down to this are also and have a much better supported rack. On the picture, do you see how the rack bolts to the stock holes for the grab bar? There are spacers between the rack and where the stock grab bar bolts to. To carry more weight you would probably need another attachment point for the rack, that is why I suggested the bolts for the skid plate. I hope it makes sense. Just look along the bottom sides of your frame and you should see where the bolts or the bolt holes are if you don't have the bottom skid plate.

2strokepwer
11-28-2005, 12:34 AM
The rack for the TRx70 I have is small and they are not rated to carry alot of weight. I have a picture, I don't know if it shows how well the rack is mounted. If this picture doesn't show well, I will try and get another picture or 2 tomorrow. I hope this helps let me know, I'm on the midnight shift this week.

I will get measurements and pictures of mine tomorrow but I don't know how to resize them. Is it ok to send them to you?

Vealmonkey
11-28-2005, 01:37 AM
2strokepower, If you want to send me your pictures to try and resize them that is fine, I've never done it before, but I'll try. If you go to the open forum section, they tell you how to post pictures toward the top of the page. When you go to that thread, one of the posts has a place to resize your pictures. I just resize them to the middle size, center choice in the horizontal portrait section. The thread pretty much explains it. But feel free to send me pics and I'll do what I can. I also have one of those expanded wire mesh racks that bolt to the grab bar and the foot pegs, they are kind of bulky, but they work really well.