PDA

View Full Version : You guys that collect trike toys.......check this out!

Huffa
11-26-2005, 08:34 PM
My other new hobbie is collecting and selling bicycles now and today made a run down to Dover Delaware to pick up a nice find.

I notice on the way home there are an awful lot flea markets on RT 13 in Dover so I figured, what the heck, I'll stop and look.

Picked this up for 5 bucks. They still make them (different models) too but not this exact way and don't think they are quite as strong anymore. Supposedly it is the strongest kids trike made and comes with a 5 year guarrentee.

This is a 80's vintage model that I found. Mine is the rusted one with smaller wheel :(

How would I go about getting the rust off the galavized framing?

Unclediezel
11-26-2005, 08:37 PM
-Noxon metal polish- Followed up by rubbing compound-

350x'inNY
11-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Huffa.... we were thinking about you on the North Shore Ride yesterday.... we pop out of the trail onto some ball field. Sticking through the snow was some old bike frame. Looked like an antique.

Bruce

Huffa
11-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh man, Thanks for thinking of me!

Bruce
I'll do YOU a favor. If that frame looked in decent shape, pull it out, take a pic, send it to me (the pic) and I'll research it for you. Im sure you know if it is vintage it may be worth good coin. :naughty:

You wouldn't believe (well, I guess you would) how much money there is in bicycles and a lot of people just throw them away!

cragster
11-27-2005, 05:25 PM
yeah you never belive what you find at flea markets....One time i was walkin in town and some body had a 3 wheeler powerwheels toy sitting out..Like the hummers at walmart!

Huffa
11-28-2005, 06:33 AM
yeah you never belive what you find at flea markets....One time i was walkin in town and some body had a 3 wheeler powerwheels toy sitting out..Like the hummers at walmart!

YEP, flea markets are cool and some sellers don't have a clue to what the item is worth.

Did you buy the PW trike?