PDA

View Full Version : Diamond in the rough - Tank Resto w/Easy Off

350x'inNY
11-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Well.... pics show for themselves... got the spray bomb paint off with a lil oven cleaner and elbow grease. I sprayed it..... let it set... and then used a cheap wire brush to scrub the tank with. I was amazed the wire brush didn't damage the decals, but it was the only way to get the paint off.

Bruce

N5HNY
11-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Tank looks good.

I use brake fluid to clean stuff like that.

My Big Red was painted flat black all over. Nobody even taped anything off. I have spent more time and work removing paint than anything else.

Maine_Triker
11-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Bruce, I see you got the sppedo and HL lens grille installed..... looks good

350x'inNY
11-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Bruce, I see you got the sppedo and HL lens grille installed..... looks good

Now how can you see the headlight lens?? :wondering

But yes.... I got it installed. I have the Canadien Block heater, the front Hondaline Cooler rack, and a set of Hondaline Footpeg covers to put on it yet. Oh... and the Hondaline Worklight. :beer I do love the CMP Brush Guard/Crusier Board.. they came in handy when the footpegs iced over!

Not sure about the speedo though..... How fast does your Big Red go? The highest I got it to fgo was 43 mph on the rode.... barely 38 mph on the trail/snow. The mounting kit was NOS... maybe the speedo head is "weak"?

Bruce

200xman
11-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Post some pics of the ride!

patblkwell
11-27-2005, 12:19 AM
That came out pretty good man...haha who would have knew. I can see why you'd need that block heater...I'd have no use for one down here where it was close to 80º today. Another thing, not sure what you prefer but I keep my rear shock on the 2nd to stiffest notch..it gives the big red a nice ride height especially in mud and snow...but I weigh around 210..so it can vary I guess. You'll have to post some more pics of the big red once you finish accessorizing it...I have a few more pics coming soon with 3 new "accessories" on mine haha :naughty:

Maine_Triker
11-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Now how can you see the headlight lens?? :wondering

But yes.... I got it installed. I have the Canadien Block heater, the front Hondaline Cooler rack, and a set of Hondaline Footpeg covers to put on it yet. Oh... and the Hondaline Worklight. :beer I do love the CMP Brush Guard/Crusier Board.. they came in handy when the footpegs iced over!

Not sure about the speedo though..... How fast does your Big Red go? The highest I got it to fgo was 43 mph on the rode.... barely 38 mph on the trail/snow. The mounting kit was NOS... maybe the speedo head is "weak"?

Bruce
Believe it or not you can see the headlight lens grille in one of the pics, just the side of it.

43 sounds about right... mine I got up to 46 once, but it does not have the OEM tires like yours... that's probably the difference right there. It looks like that cable I gave you is too short... or is it just me?

Anywho... everything looks awesome! You are starting to get me sick about finding more acessories for my 250es now! :naughty:

patblkwell
11-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh I forgot to mention this, I got mine up to right at 50mph on a long gravel road with the stock tires and I have the correct speedo cable, gearbox, etc. It was still climbing in speed but I ran out of room and had to let off the gas..I've heard that the 250es will hit around 55 though.

Maine_Triker
11-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh I forgot to mention this, I got mine up to right at 50mph on a long gravel road with the stock tires and I have the correct speedo cable, gearbox, etc. It was still climbing in speed but I ran out of room and had to let off the gas..I've heard that the 250es will hit around 55 though.
I'm sure top speed has alot to do with the condition of the engine... your engine, Pat, is probably better then Bruce's or mine :lol:

patblkwell
11-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, that prob. has something to do with it...also I heard that the big red will go faster with the stock tires since they are light and will balloon out when the bike is going fast...Now that I have those big spider tracks on mine, I can easily see that...but I love the traction and stability I have now :w00t: