PDA

View Full Version : 200s movin slow

RITID
11-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I have a honda atc 200s and today I just took it out to play in the snow. When I got done doing circles I went down the road just to get it cleaned out befeore i put it away. It seemed to be holding back so Iwent and got my GPS and all i could get out of it was 29mph. Then i pumped up the tires since the cold had made them a little slack and got it up to 35 but that doesnt seem like much. It has all kinds of rpm but just doesnt seem to be going very fast. It always goes good in the warm weather but i have never had it in the cold. Should it go faster than 35 or am i just hilusiating thanks

DeePa
11-26-2005, 04:37 PM
I think mine goes 40-45 mph tops...that is with fresh rings too. Try adjusting your clutch. If you dont know how to, its easy, and ill reply later.

Hope this helps,
Mike

If you need a 200s manual, let me know, i can send it thru aim or something like that, its too big for email.

85hondaatc125m
11-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I have a question for you deepa, On my trike, its a 125m the shifting is hard, i almost hafe to stand up to shift. to fix this should i titen the cluch bolts or loosen them, if you dont know does anybody else know?

RITID
11-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah how do you adjust the clutch. It shifts ok and doesnt seem to slip but does feel like it's not hooking up really good when you trying to go fast Thanks.

DeePa
11-27-2005, 06:02 PM
85 honda...i have no idea...im a noob compared to the others here...

There is a nut with a flat screw head inside of it on the right side of the motor. You loosen the lock nut, turn the inner screw to the left until slight resistance is felt, then turn it to the right 1/8 of a turn. Then hold the screw in place then tighten the lock nut and youre good to go.

MTS
11-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah how do you adjust the clutch. It shifts ok and doesnt seem to slip but does feel like it's not hooking up really good when you trying to go fast Thanks.
Your riding in snow and ice, what do you expect...your proabably just getting some tire spin....Could be your tires spining in the rims too..seen that happen....mark a line on the tire and rim then take er for a spin and check see if they have moved..,;)

I have a question for you deepa, On my trike, its a 125m the shifting is hard, i almost hafe to stand up to shift. to fix this should i titen the cluch bolts or loosen them, if you dont know does anybody else know?
Could be a tight clutch, but sounds more like you have some shift drum/mechanism problems, Follow the guide Deepa posted to adjust the clutch..its the same as your 125...nut is located on the left case under a black plastic cover looks just like the one in the picture depa posted

85hondaatc125m
11-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Alright. Thanks deepa and Mytrikesucks.Ill go out and give that a try tommorow and hope that wroks, to cold right now. Its not as hard now that I adjusted the idle but ill still try what deepa said. Thanks guys

RITID
11-27-2005, 11:21 PM
thanks guys, i apperciate the help i will try adjusting my clutch and get back to you.