PDA

View Full Version : trike problem??

traxxasx
11-24-2005, 06:55 AM
well my 225 dx runs fine but i dont know is this is normal or what but when i floor it in neutrual the rpms got up till it at its hightest then is lets out for half a sex then revs then lest out continously. so basicly it cant stay reved at top peek, it goes eeeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeemeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemeeeeee eem\

e= reving at top peek
m=bogging for like half a sec.

lol is this normal or what do * guys think.

ANTI-QUAD
11-24-2005, 08:53 AM
not normal at all...sounds like a momentary lack of fuel,but the spark could be breaking down too

bigredhead
11-24-2005, 09:31 AM
It's probably upset at only havin " Half a sex " .. bwahahaha..

Sounds like it's hitting max revs and cutting out.. kinda like a rev limiter thing.

Does it also do it while riding ? how does it run while in gear ?

That thing 4 or 2 stroke ? ( i know some yamies are 2 stroke.. but not familiar with all models )

350x'inNY
11-24-2005, 11:15 AM
It's probably upset at only havin " Half a sex " .. bwahahaha..

Sounds like it's hitting max revs and cutting out.. kinda like a rev limiter thing.

Does it also do it while riding ? how does it run while in gear ?

That thing 4 or 2 stroke ? ( i know some yamies are 2 stroke.. but not familiar with all models )

Yeah.... but which half is getting the sex??

Anyhow... it is a 4 stroke and why.... I ask... why in the name of all things Holy, would you have it in neutral and rev the puss out of the motor? :wondering Be Thankful that it doesn't stay consistantly rev'ed at high peak, else it'd probably go "KaBoom"

Hondaline Hartman

Bruce

Tri-ZNate
11-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Sounds like its bouncing off the rev limiter. And becareful, those yammies might blow

traxxasx
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM
no way man mines a fighter. when i ride it seems as it can get higher rpm's but doesent. so im thinking that is why. wtf is a rev limiter?

slothminx
11-24-2005, 07:03 PM
no way man mines a fighter. when i ride it seems as it can get higher rpm's but doesent. so im thinking that is why. wtf is a rev limiter?

A rev limiter stops you from spinning your rngine at too many RPM's and bouncing a valve or worse!. Its not a good idea to rev her right up like that, have some respect fir the 20 year old engine in there shes old and wont cope with the revs she could when she was new. Feel for the engine dude i know for sure i wouldnt let you ride my bike if your gonna hit the limiter for fun :eek: lol and i bet you were doing this with your exhaust with no packing and the engine just started from cold:rolleyes: :crazy: :crazy:

traxxasx
11-24-2005, 07:15 PM
hahaha naw i wouldent do that when its cold and * guys think im just sitting there holding the throttel 4 ever, my rpm's get up in like 2 sec. and i only hold it for maybe 4 sec. if my motor was ganna go it be gone, when i ride i dont ride to keep the dirt off my bike im almost open throttel all the time, thats what there for my engine is good and if * maintain it well its like new. thanks anyways guys.....

Mosh
11-24-2005, 07:22 PM
just a tip. check the breather tubes comin off the carb.make sure they are not packed with mud.if so,they wont let the fuel bowl fill quick enough at high rpms