PDA

View Full Version : 22" tires for a 2-stroke? What do you think?

Derrick Adams
11-20-2005, 08:29 AM
HareScramble season starts next week and it looks like it's going to be muddy as ever. So, I need to get some new shoes on the 250R for mud racing. Last year I ran with TimSr's All-Tracks and 22's are the only way to go when it starts getting rutted up.

I liked the All-Tracks (they worked real well) but seemed a bit heavy on my bike. So, I guess i'm looking for something light weight and with excellent mud traction and not much side bite.

Any suggetions?

Derrick Adams
11-20-2005, 09:06 AM
I ran these tires on the back of my Tri-Z with good success in 22x10x8 they were fairly light and got decent traction. Factory tires off an E-ton 150.

Called Maxxis Maverick. I can get them in 22x11x9 which would fit my stock rims or 22x10x10 on some 10" rims which would give me less sidewall roll and probably less weight. According to Maxxis these tires weight 3lb less each than the Alltraks.

edog
11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
ITP mudlites would work really well in those conditions.Get cheap steel rime and put the Mudlites on them.With that 250R you should be trowing mud everywere.

Billy Golightly
11-20-2005, 10:23 AM
I got all trak's on my trx250R. For the woods and any type of mud at all I wouldn't run a different tire. It still has a little bit of a flat profile that'll allow you to get sideways, and its got enough bite to even do a fair amount of hill climbing in the sand. In my opinon when you move to any real mudgrip style tire your going to get massive amounts of sidebite and thats gonna keep you from sliding when you need or want to.