PDA

View Full Version : 3 ATC350X rebuilds update !!!!!

sandpuppi101
11-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I thought I would just touch basis with you all and show you all some pics of the progress I have been making on the 3 350X projects.This does'nt look like much at this point but the debit card is getting a good workout ordering stuff!The 1st pic is an '85 I picked up a couple of weeks ago,it has issues at this point! Get this,I actually pulled the swingarm bolt ,by my fingers.The next pic it's ,starting to look like a frame more and more,and finally with the motor out I actually get to inspect the frame for welds ,breaks and that such! 2 motors out and 1 to go ,the one on the left is the'86.It needs alot of love at this point,mine the '85 is to the right.Looks to be somewhat fair,I am researching my Mods at this point.I have some ideas ,but sussestions are more than welcome.And the last pic is my brothers.This thing ran good but lost all power and at this point ,my atc 70 walks on it.Its low on compression and weak on spark.I told my brother its only money!!!LOL.Anyways he is gonna do some mods ,nothing too major ,$ factor! I on the otherhand I am gonna go a little wild on mine ,I am wanting to do something that really makes it different,any suggestions? And on the '86 that is a customers and he is just wanting a reliable trike to ride! I will take all ideas into consideration as long as they are Rational Ideas,and don't make me go broke! I will send some more pic's in the weeks to come and through the whole project's!!!;)

Maine_Triker
11-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Nice work! I'm sure whatever you do will look great!

BigGreenMachine
11-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Biggest gain for little money is a high compression piston kit. Looks good!

SpeedBump
11-18-2005, 10:49 PM
MrATC had a super looking aluminum swingarm built for a 350X. I am not sure what he ever did with it. I believe the trike that it was supposed to go on was lost, stolen, sold or whatever the story was. You may consider dropping him a line over @ .org. He is banned here, I think. BTW, BE CAREFUL with him. Trust can only go so far, if ya know what I mean.

350x'inNY
11-19-2005, 01:38 AM
MrATC had a super looking aluminum swingarm built for a 350X. I am not sure what he ever did with it. I believe the trike that it was supposed to go on was lost, stolen, sold or whatever the story was. You may consider dropping him a line over @ .org. He is banned here, I think. BTW, BE CAREFUL with him. Trust can only go so far, if ya know what I mean.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... He still has the trike with the custom swinger/shock/rear geometry etc...

I wouldn't hook you up with someone that's shady.... I don't put my neck out on the line for someone that's going to let me down.

I trust MR ATC more than most people on the board... I've got well over $1000 in transactions with him and he's the only one I allow to throw wrenches on my 350X's/250R's.... heck... he's the only one I trust riding any of my trike pushed to the limit....(see "tree jumping pic" thread.... yes... that's the Showgirl!

Last time I knew, the shipping goofups that got him partially banned a couple years ago have all been straightened out. (Dirtcrasher comes to mind?? Did you have something too Speedbump??) Guess what irritates me is that Bill gets such a bad wrap from a couple transactions that were eventually straightened out 2 YEARS ago; while other people personally admit selling people junk... never straighten out the transaction, don't get banned and even get to sell more items in the classifieds WITHOUT even a single hand slap. :crazy:

PS - Added a couple recent pics of the modified 350X rear swinger/geometry. The rear hub/tires are switched around backwards for easier storage, but you can see the swinger and rear end work. You can also see my Showgirl and my 82R in the background from us wrenching on them. Again... over $1000 in parts and who knows all the labor charges I could have racked up without him!!

NOS_350X
11-19-2005, 02:08 AM
First off, whats with the narrow axle? Looks goofy and unstable. BUT the trike is amazingly clean.

Second, The banning of him had nothing to do with his bad transactions, it was all personal. I was a moderator at the time and i agreed to ban him because of the transactions. I think all the other mods just wanted to because they didnt like him. And watch, i bet this thread will be locked in a day.

SpeedBump
11-19-2005, 09:04 AM
First off, whats with the narrow axle? Looks goofy and unstable.

Re-Read the the post above yours...he has the wheels put on backwards to save room in the storage unit. ;)

BUT the trike is amazingly clean.

It should HE NEVER RIDES!!!! :lol: :w00t: It really is a shame that X just sits there and never gets out to play. It sure would look great flyin round the track over in Gallion, OH @ the HareScrambles. 350x'inNY, You and Bill should load up, head over and show us how the NY boys get things done. Bill can STILL ride, right?

350x'inNY, yes I was one of the ones that had some problems with Bill. He wanted my parts, saw pics of them, KNEW the exact condition and then when he sent me SH1T parts and I complained, he trashed the stuff I sent. Problem is......if my parts were so undesirable and junk, why did he NOT want to return them. Answer....the parts I sent to him were in fact AS DESCRIBED and worth the trade. After that point was made by me and others on the board he basically conceded, told me he would send the parts back...then nothing. The story then turned to "My Xwife sent them, lost them, stole them. The exchange never took place and I got stuck with unusable parts (until I put lots of time energy and a few bucks into them.)

Other than that time, I have had no "transaction" problems with him. I have had " Bill is a D1ck problems" on many occasions. :naughty:

sandpuppi101 , Hey, I am sorry if I started to Hi-Jack your post with the MrATC item. I will not continue down this dark and troubled road! :cry: :beer :D

Derrick Adams
11-19-2005, 10:07 AM
That's a tight looking 350X for sure. I like the trailing front axle! That's the way they should have done it to begin with.

If he hasn't rode it yet with that front tire, he'll hate it! I have one on the R and it's terrible. Too hard of compound and pushes in corners instead of turning. Sloppy stuff is even worse! I love the look of it, but wouldn't recommend it at all.

350x'inNY
11-19-2005, 05:05 PM
He hasn't rode it because he's never finished it. If you notice, there's no chain sprockets on it... the crate motor is just sitting it it with bolts hand tightened. In fact... we had to tip the motor back to take the cam out of that motor for my Go-Go girl. He's planning on building up the crate motor, and instead of sending in the new crate cam, he snagged it out for the cam that was shot in my Go-Go 350X.

Here's pics of the original "400X" he had built.... he parted out some parts on it... the rear fenders, speedo head are on my Showgirl... the tank scoops and seat I think made it out to BlazerOne22????

Those front forks are Mugen HRC forks if I remember correctly....I know I bought a set of them for him.

Bruce

Blown 331
11-19-2005, 05:36 PM
That's a tight looking 350X for sure. I like the trailing front axle! That's the way they should have done it to begin with.

What are the advantages of doing that? I would think it would make the front end slightly lighter and reduce steering stability.

350Xn'NY, you post up some awesome bikes!

sandpuppi101
11-20-2005, 11:01 PM
:confused: I have been doing some research on cams and pistons this weekend,what do you all suggest?I want a lugger for a cam more top-end but throaty,and a good piston setup!Note:Remember I want to do the head too!! Valves-springs etc.;)

sandpuppi101
11-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Yep John ,you better hook me up with one of those and make sure you let me know the price on that nice backbar!! My brother is getting a little nervous about me working on his X,he thinks I'm gonna spend too much money! I would'nt do that,LOL!!! John ,PM me when you get a chance on the backbar deal.

camatv1
11-22-2005, 12:45 AM
ok pump gas or race fuel or mix? if you want it to be a pumper go 11-1 on the piston, cam just get the biggest hotcam available ( if they make it?) head and valves... make the exhaust ports a smidge bigger, make the intake smaller! yes i said it. with the cam and piston more intake velocity will make the powerband MUCH smoother and run out more on top. is there a revv cdi available? or how high will they go? do you want a lugger or a runer? to much go-fast and it wont stay on the ground and be very unrideable.. i have a stock motor 350x with a glass pack muffler and i can beat a lot of 400ex's ( yea i was suprised too..) i feel the stock motor with a good exhaust is plenty of trail riding power.. but thats just me. figure out what kind of power you want and what you are going to do with it FIRST then decide if you really want to do what its going to actually take to do that and if the framing and suspension will handle. ( you can't keep the front end down on a 60 hp 350x!! UNLESS you have a long swingarm..)

NOS_350X
11-22-2005, 02:16 AM
:confused: I have been doing some research on cams and pistons this weekend,what do you all suggest?I want a lugger for a cam more top-end but throaty,and a good piston setup!Note:Remember I want to do the head too!! Valves-springs etc.;)

Anything you do to a 350x will make it a luger. But when you wana go it will GO.

The higher compression you go the more power you will get, ALL AROUND.
The cam is your best bet to pick where you want the majority of your power. Or you can do all the stuff you want to it and get a supertrapp and use that to adjust your engine power delivery. When i'm in the dunes or drags, no restriction, no discs or endcap. In the trails put some discs in there with an endcap and with my compression and carb it will crawl up anything.

I would just get a 11:1, the best cam you can get without getting valvesprings, port it, little bit larger carb, Supertrapp, and Lighten the flywheel. With that you will have a very reliable bike and beable to adjust your power with your airbox lid and discs in the supertrapp. You can chug along with the full airbox and supertrapp with some discs, or you can scream up a hill with no airbox lid and no discs.