PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up 2-NOS Twist THrottle kits for ytm225's!!!!!!!!!!

newramman02
11-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Hello, I just picked up 2- original Yamaha factory accessory twist throttle kits. they were on ebay and the seller had them listed totally wrong. he two of these with a "buy it now" so i bought both of them. one is completely sealed, the other has only been opened to take pics, my question is this, will this work with the factory handguards? also, I may want to sell the other kit to recoup some of my money. any interest and offers? let me know. thanks. p.s. I am also posting a pics of my three wheeler showing the factory handguards. I think the twist throttle will work I will just have to cut the end out of the grip to clear the mount for the guard. any opinions? thanks.

Darius1502
11-17-2005, 07:41 PM
The 1983 225 DX came with a twist throttle. Did anyone know that?

It really was a break through bike at the time. The only other bike with rear suspension was the 200x and then the 250R. Great bike....always a classic!!

thefox
11-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah the 83 came with one and it was an option in 84. I saw those kits on ebay and had been thinking of getting one but I kind of like the thumb throttle and they were not cheap enough for me to get it just because. I am glade someone with a trike nice enough to put it on got them though.

350x'inNY
11-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Hello, I just picked up 2- original Yamaha factory accessory twist throttle kits. they were on ebay and the seller had them listed totally wrong. he two of these with a "buy it now" so i bought both of them. one is completely sealed, the other has only been opened to take pics, my question is this, will this work with the factory handguards? also, I may want to sell the other kit to recoup some of my money. any interest and offers? let me know. thanks. p.s. I am also posting a pics of my three wheeler showing the factory handguards. I think the twist throttle will work I will just have to cut the end out of the grip to clear the mount for the guard. any opinions? thanks.

Yes... The handguards will work with the twist throttle. Seems like the instructions said something about the twist throttle option do something else or something...

Bruce

edog
11-17-2005, 11:16 PM
That 225 is looking real good.Good snag off of ebay.Got any other mods you are doing to it?

newramman02
11-17-2005, 11:49 PM
yeah, I found a place that has the polished aluminum 8' rims and I'm going to pickup another headlight guard and have it triple chrome plated