PDA

View Full Version : hondaline speedo/odo help.

dovesprings250R
11-16-2005, 09:06 PM
I rolled my 250r down the biggest hill at jawbone yesterday without me on it:cry: and it came out ok expect i ruined the stock bar and my hondaline odo/speedo doesn't work right anymore. The needle just spins around and around. That means the gear drive is ok right? Anybody out there fix these before? How does it light up at night? The body of it is a little dented. Should I open it up and try to repair it or take to an expert? Thanks for the help.

350x'inNY
11-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Hmmmm.... I'm not understanding what's wrong with it. The needle spins around like a second hand on a clock? I doubt if the "gearbox" is broke, cause that's down on your front axle tucked inbehind your front fork. Sounds like all your damage was up at the speedo/handlebars. Someone recently posted about a guy that does professional style speedometer restos...(1DeadPrez and someone else???) They should be able oto hook you up. You can buy a OEM NOS one still from HONDA but it is chrome/red and doesn't say ATC on the inside.

Bruce

dovesprings250R
11-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the help. I didn't know I could still get one. Mine does say atc on the inside but I don't mind. If I can't fix mine or have it fixed I'll look into that. I would also like one for my other R as well. Thanks again...dove