PDA

View Full Version : Progressive rear shock springs?

Dammit!
11-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Anybody rebuild their trike shock using an aftermarket progressive spring? I was thumbing through a catalog and saw some recently for like 90 bucks I think. Might be worth it. Especially for trikes with limited travel like a first gen 200x or 250R. My X is the one I'm thinking about trying it with since it needs to be rebuilt anyway.

I'm planning to put some progressive fork springs in the R soon too. Looking forward to that.

2XTREME
11-16-2005, 02:58 AM
I plan on doing my Z in about a month and use the Progressive Springs.Let me know what you think if you do it first.
X:beer

350x'inNY
11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
I have one on my 82R..... I like it. Hella more stiffer than the OEM one, that's for sure! I also run the front ones in all my Honda sport trikes...

Bruce

Hornetpowerspor
11-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I bought one for my Tecate. Eibach was the name of the spring and it is a great improvement over the stocker. You can choose through a number of stiffer springs.

Billy Golightly
11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I've been wanting to get an Eibach catalog for their powersports aplication for a long time now, but dang the catalog costs like $10! Maybe I'll get around to it sometime soon and I can list all the applications they have for trikes.

88 Turbo Coupe
11-16-2005, 01:56 PM
I have Eibachs' on my Turbo Coupe. 1" lowered progressive. Extra nice handling now with Z rated tires and Energy Suspension bushings all around!

AZ250R
11-16-2005, 05:05 PM
I have Eibachs' on my Turbo Coupe. 1" lowered progressive. Extra nice handling now with Z rated tires and Energy Suspension bushings all around!
Yah, yah, Eibach Pro kit on my eclipse too... nice ride for being way too low but now back to TRIKES!!! :twisted:
I had an Eibach "higher rate" spring put on my Rs rear when it was rebuilt too. Not sure which part of the suspension is better now but I'm guessing that the spring alone made most of the diff. Any huge whoops are 100% more manageable with increased speed through em!!! :naughty: :beer

You just need to ride it n see... :idea: :)