PDA

View Full Version : Plow Mounts

250SXBOY
11-15-2005, 03:35 PM
If I were to order a Snow Plow Mounting Kit for a Cycle Country plow for a 86 250SX what ATV mounting bracket would work? I know some have a plate that mounts to the frame rails and others have a bracket that mounts to footpegs mounts. Any help would be great.

Thanks

bigredhead
11-15-2005, 04:01 PM
might be just as easy to have some made by a local welding/machine shop.

i'd be surprised if a universal kit would fit..

250SXBOY
11-15-2005, 04:22 PM
it wouldn't be a universal kit, i'm talking about possibly a fourtrax 300 kit or something like that. Some of those kits come with brackets made to mount to holes for footpegs.

350x'inNY
11-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Well... I bought what was suppose to be a ATC250ES mounting kit... I got it here and it's for a TRX250ES. (Still waiting on getting THAT straightened out...)

It will NOT work, because 4 wheeler ones run the push rails under the center of the 4 wheeler. (IE under the motor and straight forward.) The 3 wheeler ones run on either side of the motor and make a "ewe" (letter) around the front tire. Only way a universal 4 wheeler one will work is if you mounted it backwards somehow, but who wants to do the majority of their plowing in reverse???

Bruce

hotroddal
11-15-2005, 05:34 PM
hey, someone with a plow mounted on a 250es big red post some pics of how it is mounted and how it raises and lowers, i just wana see it.

250SXBOY
11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
If I were to do this i would order the kit for a 4 wheeler, cuts the tubes off between the blade attachment and the mount for the wheeler and bend some tubes like those on the actual three wheeler plows and then weld the new push tubes to the plow bracket and the mount kit for the atv.

harvestblue
10-22-2012, 02:20 PM
I found this walk-around video on YouTube. The guy has 4 walk around videos. This link is for Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utwARpn0YUk Video #3 isn't so good, but #4 makes up for it.

He's also got a bunch of good videos of himself actually plowing with his Big Red. Hope all this helps.