PDA

View Full Version : Picked up the rare Hondaline Chronometer(NOS)...now what do I do with it? lol

patblkwell
11-13-2005, 09:51 PM
I've heard about it and have only seen 1 or 2 pics of the elusive chronometer but I guess it does actually exist :w00t: It does about 5 or so different things like displaying time&date, stopwatch function, accumulated time, hourmeter counter, etc..I think it may even make the trike go faster lol j/k. Also, it has a little remote strip that has a few buttons on it to control the various functions. I'm not sure as of yet where I could/would mount it on the big red, it has a few wires that connect to the power supply and what not I'm assuming. Anyone ever seen one of these mounted on a bike before?

Patrick

350x'inNY
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
I've heard about it and have only seen 1 or 2 pics of the elusive chronometer but I guess it does actually exist :w00t: It does about 5 or so different things like displaying time&date, stopwatch function, accumulated time, hourmeter counter, etc..I think it may even make the trike go faster lol j/k. Also, it has a little remote strip that has a few buttons on it to control the various functions. I'm not sure as of yet where I could/would mount it on the big red, it has a few wires that connect to the power supply and what not I'm assuming. Anyone ever seen one of these mounted on a bike before?

Patrick

WOW~! Looks like that thing may go in where the "HONDA" go on the dash panel??

Bruce

PS ... why don't you scan that paper work and send it via email to me and Swinehart... atc350x250r@earthlink.net We need to check that wiring out!

350x'inNY
11-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Bruce ,,, where the heck was they supposed to go anyways ?
I kinda figure since honda didn't think ahead about doing up a tach bracket for the left side ( or at least that I know of anyway ) ,,, they might not have thought about somebody actually putting on the speedo + tach + chrono.

john

Well, I know the mounting brackets were sold separetely (like the fairings). My 1984 Dealer catalog shows the chrono and the chrono mounting hardware separate.

Bruce

patblkwell
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey John & Bruce, the mounting instructions don't really specify what bike it's for but the instructions for mounting it look like it is supposed to be mounted on a dash panel for maybe a goldwing? I think the chronometer was the same for atc's and bikes, but the goldwing had a place alread built in it's dash panel for the chronometer. Yeah, the atc mounting bracket is prob. what one needs, but I have never seen a pic of that....

350x'inNY
11-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Well if I could see a picture of one or what you thing you might need to mount it ,,, I would be proud to be the one to fab it up for you.
I would be re-doing a combo mount for the 350x if I had one. Probbly stick it in the middle of a simlar dash set-up.
You can see what I am using for a chronometer now :)
That speedo is my back up one Bruce ,, my good one is over to the artist lady along with Mainetrikers.

That speedo looks ok...or is the damaged covered up?? I saw that one in your bracket auction on ebay... what happened to that?? I'd be concerned if the TACH was mangled though! Have you put me in your will yet?? hahahhhaha

Bruce

patblkwell
11-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Here are the pics of the instructions which show how and where to install it...looks like it's intended to mount on a goldwing without any other brackets and what not. Have you seen a pic of the mounting bracket for it or just a description, Bruce?

Patrick

350x'inNY
11-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Here are the pics of the instructions which show how and where to install it...looks like it's intended to mount on a goldwing without any other brackets and what not. Have you seen a pic of the mounting bracket for it or just a description, Bruce?

Patrick

I've only seen the meter itself in my Hondaline catalog. The catalog (dealer) lists the "Honda Codes" and not the part number... if anyone can convert tham, that'd be great!

Bruce

patblkwell
11-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Oh ok...yeah that would prob. help out a lot like you say lol.

patblkwell
11-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I was actually going to mention that...the unit must have back up power because it's been running by itself and I haven't hooked it up to my bike yet. There is no battery inside the unit, it must have a back up power capacitor to keep the memory and some power...

petesatc
11-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey Pat
wow the holy grail of atc hondaline equipment....very nice find......
is there a part number on the box??? or on the bottom of the page???

patblkwell
11-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey thanks, I didn't think they existed either...well the part # on the box is 08175-MG910.

patblkwell
11-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Well I just saw this pic of a brochure from '84 and it shows the chronometer as being applicable for all models of atc's...I guess there was a mounting kit for each one of them?? Wonder where it was intended to be mounted exactly?? hmmm

350x'inNY
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Well I just saw this pic of a brochure from '84 and it shows the chronometer as being applicable for all models of atc's...I guess there was a mounting kit for each one of them?? Wonder where it was intended to be mounted exactly?? hmmm

Pat.... Is that a Canadian brochure by any chance? :wondering

patblkwell
11-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Yeah Bruce, that is a Canadian brochure that I got that page from. I'm not sure why, but the darn Canadian brochures seemed to be more informative than the American brochures for some reason.

350x'inNY
11-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Block heater's are a Canadian Option.... weren't available/offered in America!

I never noticed the "strip" piece on the brochures before until the one you posted. Infact, my dealer catalog only has a tight crop of the multi display...and only pictures it with the TRX200 though it's listed as an option for each ATC. The good news is the installation kit has the same Honda code across the board, so I'm assuming it must mount to the handlebar at the center base somehow...

Bruce

patblkwell
11-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah, the Canadians must have requested more accessory options from Honda than we did apparently. That was the first brochure that I've seen showing the little control panel for the chronometer too...the other ones just showed the face of the main unit like you say. I've got a pretty good idea on how it's going to mount up on the bike on the opposite side of the triple tree than the speedo...just gotta make sure I can wire it and all right there.

Maine_Triker
11-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Wow, if that is the Hondaline one that was meant for the ATC's........... I'm going to faint AGAIN........ hahahaha

So yeah...... I do have a couple of those 200es speedo mounting brackets hanging around at home......... you can have one Pat if you want it to try and mount your chronometer on the 250es. I'll check it out and get back to you this weekend when I am setup with a new PC and all.

I still can't believe you found one!
OK Phil... breath... breath.... ah that's it's...

350x'inNY
11-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, if that is the Hondaline one that was meant for the ATC's........... I'm going to faint AGAIN........ hahahaha

So yeah...... I do have a couple of those 200es speedo mounting brackets hanging around at home......... you can have one Pat if you want it to try and mount your chronometer on the 250es. I'll check it out and get back to you this weekend when I am setup with a new PC and all.

I still can't believe you found one!
OK Phil... breath... breath.... ah that's it's...

Yo... Grasshopper... don't forget to send one my way to mount up that Hondaline Worklight! :welcome:

Thanks!
Bruce

patblkwell
11-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey Phil, yeah I would appreciate it greatly if you'd let me try and see if that bracket will work. If it does, I'll be glad to buy it from you or whatever. Just let me know..thanks man.

deathman53
11-15-2005, 07:32 PM
I put the part number in service honda and it came up as a rubber mount, not a chronolgoy. and the list price was about $8

patblkwell
11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh really, that's strange...can't explain that one...

350x'inNY
11-15-2005, 08:11 PM
With bikebandit and it come back as no longer available - priceless !
Hey Bruce ,,, I tried to fab one of those 200es brackets up ,,, yours if you want it. Needs a lttle detailed filing and perhaps a paint job plus holes drilled where ever you need them for your spot light.

john

I guess I could try that, but the Maine Triker said he'd hook me up with a speedo mount for it... however.... thinking and looking at your pic, the speedo mount might be angled back... where I bolt it, it'll have to be flat. SOOOooooo.... I might try yours afterall. So when am I coming out to White Pigeon anyhow? Can't believe it's going to be Thanksgiving next week already! YIKES!

Bruce