PDA

View Full Version : Need some Tech Help... Plz!!!

TimVIscous
11-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey y'all well its my first post here. I stumbled among the community an have visited everyday now, I kinda got a problem with a Trizinger. It seems like its getting too much gas. Doesn't really want to rev out at all, just bogs so i unscrewed the screw on the bottom of the bowl until it just rushed gas then started it an it kinda helped as long as i kept enough gas running out of the hole.. I dunno it just isn't right, any help would be appreciated. NE1 have a used carb they would want to get rid off?

BigGreenMachine
11-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you have a stuck needle jet. You need to take the carb off, take it apart and have it cleaned. If your not sure how to clean it yourself then bring it somewhere, it can be done for cheap. Also you may want to buy a manual from Clymer for your bike, they explain how to do this stuff.

James

BigGreenMachine
11-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Pretty sure this is the carb you have on your Zinger, found it on Partsfiche under the YF60 which is just the four wheel TriZinger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/BigGreenMachine/A_10_CARBURETOR_small.gif

It shows what comes apart and is a great reference for putting stuff back together. Number 12 is what seems to be causing your trouble.

Unclediezel
11-13-2005, 08:42 PM
From what I remember- The needle valve has a rubber tip on it that breaks off and stays in the seat-take it apart and if thats the case -gently blow into the inlet to dislodge the tip--then hunt out a needle valve???

TimVIscous
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
i've taken it apart an checked the needle jet, yes it does have a rubber end on it. Should it have a tit on the very end? It looked fine to me but i dunno nuttin LOL. first time to mess with this crazy thing but all of them are generally the same the only thing i can't figure out is how to disconnect the choke cable from the carb.. lol it does seem to me that it takes alot to stop the flow of fuel by manually shutting the flow off with the float ( bowl being off an gas being on of course). for real guys this thing really bites my blankety - blank blank. I love riding it though.... :w00t:

Unclediezel
11-13-2005, 09:20 PM
ok- Take the screw out of the top cover and remove it- choke and throttle plunger should lift out-(May need a lil PERSUADING)- Put the float and valve back together-
and hold the carb -right-side -up. (The way it sits on the bike) - gently blow into the inlet and lift the float with your finger-It should block off- blow a lil harder- if its still blocked off- Your done-

TimVIscous
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
if it does then its not the float, its somethin else right?

Unclediezel
11-13-2005, 09:34 PM
No -if it does --then your done--bolt it back up and run it--Thats just how I check em after I clean em---If it seals -you probably picked up some junk from the tank- (Extremely likely if the bike was sitting for a while) and Whatever it was fell out when you diss asembled it- Being new here you will soon learn (As I did) these guys are really cool and will usually go way out to help a Brother Trikester. Have no fear---Itll get fixed

TimSr
11-13-2005, 09:36 PM
This is a classic Zinger problem, and its not a carb problem. Read my post in this thread. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=35532&highlight=drill+exhaust

Unclediezel
11-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Kinda like a clogged catalyst on a V8 Chevy?

Unclediezel
11-13-2005, 09:44 PM
come to think of it---you never did mention gas running all over the ground--Which is classic of a clogged needle-- oooops-
"Does it spill gas all over the ground?"-lol--

TimVIscous
11-13-2005, 11:42 PM
it does spill gas all over the ground when ya let the needle open up an the float drop.. it all happend one day ridin it just decided to leak a butt load off gas outa the rear of the carb. But it seems my float works I did the float test an it does float.. LOL but it just seems to be outa wack somewheres. I don't think there's a way to set the float level. i dunno it gots me dumbfounded... lol

TimVIscous
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
an i've took the exhaust chamber off, didn't make a difference. its just got way to much gas. whats the best setting on the air/fuel adjustment? it doesn't make sense to me at all. everything looks good inside the carb. just doesn't rev out it bogs itself down. on the blow up of the carb diagram if ya take #26 screw out an let the gas run out the bottom of the bowl it seems to want to rev better but then again it seems like the float but i can push the float up an shut off the fuel flow...

Unclediezel
11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Yes there is a way to set the float--Sit tight for pics----If gas leaks out of the bowl- and the float does float- its got to be misadjusted-if you shake the float is there gas in it?----I'll scan the float adj. from haynes - gimme a few

Unclediezel
11-14-2005, 12:15 AM
B.S> Hold the carb upside down and let the float REST on the needle.Close enuff would be float parallel to gasket surface- hook up the gas hose and turn it on- It shouldnt flow- -Is your needle still "POINTY" on the end?

TimVIscous
11-14-2005, 05:11 PM
hey yes, the needle still has a point on it, an when i hold the carb upside down the float is on the negative side of parralel...

TimVIscous
11-14-2005, 05:14 PM
on the float level, they want me to bend plastic? lol no gas in the float ....

TimVIscous
11-14-2005, 05:54 PM
ty so much for all the input y'all keep it comin would ya...

Unclediezel
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
no - dont bend the plastic- Bent the small metal tab above the needle valve- If the float is negative of paralell- its WAY too high-- just a small tweak on the tab shouls straighten you out.

TimVIscous
11-14-2005, 08:15 PM
k, maybe thats what i'm missin cuase i don't see no metal tab on the float or anywhere... damn i must have lost it.... lmao NE1 sellin a carb for a 85 trizinger? For real i don't remeber seeing one.... It bogs when i start it an then when i open the bowl drain it does real good then fluuuuump it runs out of gas.. lmao.... this is crazy..

Unclediezel
11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
it has to be there---- cuz you shut off the gas supply by lifting the float---lol

Look at the float -look at the needle - The part of the float that makes contact with the needle is what you have to bend

TimVIscous
11-14-2005, 10:12 PM
dude its plastic float, an there's no clip or nothing the needle just sits in there an there's no tab ot anything to bend... i promise

Unclediezel
11-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Aw damn-----Your right---It all makes sense now----There is a small metal wire loop that wraps around the needle ----While you were riding it fell down into the bowl- and stopped the needle from closing all the way. its probably gone---

BUT--The good news--- You can make one out of a small paper clip or bread tie- or any kind of stiff thin wire--and bend it accordingly to adjust the float---

Unclediezel
11-15-2005, 01:40 AM
If that doesnt do the trick--a small glob of 2 stage epoxy on the float tab-and sand it out until you get the float adj right. No need to go out and spend $ on a new carb just yet.

Unclediezel
11-15-2005, 01:48 AM
telephone wire - single strand- make a small hook- to go around the notch in the needle- then make anothe small loop 1/8 inch higher to "suspend" the needle from the float body - Last ditch - Find a place that sells lawn and garden equipment and show them what you have-- Small bore Mikunis are all the same and they may even have the clip you need.

Vealmonkey
11-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Hey Tim, The carb is the same carb off the Pw50, if you know anyone that has a used Pw50 carb, your in business. You might have to double check the jet sizes, but it's the same carb. You can still get boysen reeds for the yt60 and you can get a DG pipe that is way better than the stock pipe. One thing you might want to check, is wether or not you have the restricted exhaust gasket. The yamaha parts microfiche shows 2 different exhaust gaskets, one is restricted and has a small exhaust hole and the other gasket has a bigger hole, more power. I posted on here before showing pictures of the DG exhaust pipe that is on my zinger. You can also pretty much get the rear fenders from yamaha, but the front fender and the handlebar cover are discontinued unless you find some sitting on the shelf. If you find any front fenders or handlebar covers, I'm looking for the skyblue color. I would be happy to pay you a finders fee if you can find them for me, Thanks and good luck. Also I think I had to get all the parts seperately to rebuild my carb from yamaha as there was no carb kit, but it helped my bike running alot.

TimVIscous
11-17-2005, 06:32 PM
how do you suppose i wire this, i need a good description on this. how would i adjust it? what other kewl tricks can ya do to the trizinger?