PDA

View Full Version : 350x foot peg

ovhonda1
11-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi guys-I just picked an 86 350x for next to nothing and it needs some work-all of which I will enjoy doing. My problem is-on the right foot peg (where the brake pedal is) the frame mount for the peg is half gone. It looks like this entire receiving mount may screw into the main frame but I cannot tell. Anyone ever repair one of these and can give me some pointers?

Ddw350
11-14-2005, 11:53 PM
i had a bolt break off during my refurbish on the left side,i had to drill it out a little at a time till i got to 7/16,then i tapped it out and put a new bolt in,but if the stud piece[i dont know what that piece is called] is missing,you might have to fabricate something?i trying to picture this,i will look at mine tomarrow,maybe i can help you more then,also,i broke 2 bolts off when i tried to remove my tattered foot pegs,it was a pain. keep me posted if you do anything

ovhonda1
11-15-2005, 09:37 AM
thanks. I have talked to buddy of mine that has a welder. He said that we could fabricate one out of some tubing and tap the threads. I will let you know how it turns out and get some pics before the paint shop/powdercoating. Also, I am looking for teh top 2 engine mounts (triangles under the tank) for an 86 350x. Got any ideas? Thanks