PDA

View Full Version : few questions

bigb9582
11-12-2005, 08:12 PM
my buddy just picked up 2 more trikes. one is a yamaha and the other was a 85 200s.
1. i need help figuring out what the yamaha is. its got yellow plastics that were painted white, 4 stroke, 5sp auto, no reverse, chain driven, pull start, front drum brakes, no rear brakes all the hardware is missing. does a trimoto 200n sound right? btw the rear hubs off a tri-z will fitt on it. it needs new rear tires and the rims are 3 lugg and everything we have is four lugg, so we put the tri-z hubs and tires on it to ride it.

2. the yamaha smokes blue smoke reel bad. it could fill the shed up with smoke in a matter of seconds. i know its burning oil. its fires right up after 2-3 pulls, runs good, and has good power. do you think it needs rings or is something else bad?

3. the honda is the opposite. it smokes black smoke real bad. to much gas? the carb leaks gas from around the bowl seal randomly. we half to pull with another atc start it. but once it starts it runs real good and has great power and starts with the pull starter fine. then when riding it will just shut off randomly. if you let it sit for a few seconds it will start right back up with the choke on. but will smoke really black with backfiring and idle like crap and randomly die. then other times it starts up and runs fine.

im still new to trikes so thanks for any help.

brendan802
11-12-2005, 11:25 PM
The Yamaha should have a sticker on the steering stem with the model name and production date right on it behind the headlight but it sound like a trimoto 200n like you said. It could be the rings or just a worn out piston and you can't really tell unless you tear it down and check out all of the parts to see what is wrong. The Honda probably has a sticking float valve in the carburetor and is burning up way to much gas. I would take it off and to a complete rebuild if it was my carb. The first and smartest thing I would do is buy the manuals for both of your trikes if you plan on keeping them. The manuals will pay for themselves in time for sure if you are mechanically inclined. Goodluck with you trikes and :TrikesOwn

bigb9582
11-13-2005, 07:31 PM
the yamaha doesnt have any stickers any were saying the model just a few yamaha stickers.

the carb on the 200s was torn off today and torn down and cleaned as best as i could get it. now it doesnt leak gas, but the damn pull cord broke trying to start it and my buddy wasnt there to help me pull start it. i couldnt use the pull cord off his other 200s because it broke yesterday and i didnt feel like taring apart the yamahas pull start just for the cord.

one more question. on the carb of the 200s there is a screw jet thing that is on the bottom side of the carb on the side that enters the moter. its not the one on the bowl bottom or the idle adjuster on the side. it has a small pin hole that is on the inside of the carb opening facing the moter ( thats the best i can explain it). is that the a/f mixture screw and what should it be set at? when i took it out it was out 1 turn from being tight. when i put it back in i left it 2 turns from tight.