PDA

View Full Version : No running 84-85 tecate 3

jay shafer
11-11-2005, 12:56 PM
I have a bought several bottom ends and tops and with this recent bottom end it has a different stator and flywheel on it. Infact the flywheel is smaller and the harness from the stator is different also. I'm about to give up on this thing but i am too far into it. I want to get it running at least. It fired one time when we pulled started it but it backfired spit and overheated with in one minute and it never would idle. It would just bog and then go dead. Kickstarting it is out of question b/c it would never start. I got a 86-87 flywheel and some people say that is the problem. please help:wondering

Unclediezel
11-11-2005, 01:12 PM
First---Yes that is a big problem---The different flywheel diameter puts the magnets in different orientation- severely retarding the ignition timing-Bogging- overheat, and poor Idle are all symptoms of retarded timing- If you can -try mix and match with flywheels and stators that were originally mated together- Also-Different harness on stator? Get a wiring diagram and make absolutely[/*] sure everything is wired properly --Kawi CDI units are VERY Unforgiving.