PDA

View Full Version : Starter button froze in the snow

Quiet Horse
11-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey guys. I've been lurking around the board for quite some time. Thanks for all the helpful info. I live on the top of a mountain in Southern Oregon and we got dumped on by snow last night. We got about 9 inches so we went playing on the three wheelers. Took some pictures as we pulled my boy on his sled dogs (like rollerblades with short ski's on them).

At the end of the day, I parked the '84 Big Red near the house. When I went to start it later, the starter button was frozen stuck. I thawed it out but it doesn't activate the starter motor anymore. Is their a fuse that could have blown?

I included a pic of my boy getting pulled but I forgot to take pic of the trikes in the snow.

bigredhead
11-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Check the fuse first.. it's close to the battery.. could be ice on the contacts also preventing a solid connection.. a hair dryer or heat gun ( carefully with the heat gun.. don't melt the plastic ) .. even a shot of de-icer( alcohol ) might help it along.

Does it at least click ? or nodda ?

Mobular
11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Why did it stick? Check for moisture or dirt. Clean it out and lightly lube it. No more sticking.

bigredhead
11-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Was the key left on it .. in the ON position ?

I hope it was not.. a dead battery and toast starter would suck !!!

Quiet Horse
11-08-2005, 09:36 PM
No the key wasn't left on. I went out this morning and it started right up so I was lazy and didn't dry it out. About 5 minutes ago, it was frozen again. Tomorrow, I'll dry it out and put some grease in to keep it from freezing again.