PDA

View Full Version : 200 Big red power specs?

Tri-ZNate
11-05-2005, 07:10 PM
1984 200 Big red. Does anyone know the power (voltage, ohm, ect) specs? I have no power to the plug and I am trying to find the weak link. The fuse is fine so I guess its process of elimination now.

jeswinehart
11-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Been looking for that clymers manual for a hour now ,,, !

john

Tri-ZNate
11-05-2005, 08:03 PM
lol, ChrisG found his so he sent me the specs for the voltage regulator and the coil. I dont think that meter you gave me goes to a small enough ohm reading because I checked the whole electrical system on ohms and it didnt move at all. I checked it on the battery and it worked fine.

Tri-ZNate
11-05-2005, 08:31 PM
ok I went out and measured one more time to make sure it wasn't a PEBKAC type of problem, and I'm still not getting any measurments on ohm for anything. But on volts it works flawlessly.

jeswinehart
11-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Just to check your meter ,,, put the 2 ends together (set in ohms setting) and the needle should go to the far right (pegged).
The good news ,,, I found my flip flops I have been looking for about a week now in a room upstairs that has or back up computer.
Gonna double check all 12 rooms in this house plus basement + garage for that stupid manual ,,,, this is gonna drive me nuts.

john

jeswinehart
11-06-2005, 12:15 AM
The manual HAS got to be in my other work truck. The last known thing about it was I copied copys from it to send to Gocartjon wanting some info from it. I reckon I will be going into the shop tomorrow to find out.

john

Tri-ZNate
11-06-2005, 11:13 AM
I got a different meter last night and I have some questions. on the coil I tested the primary and secondary winding values and for the secondary I got 3k ohms which is in the range, but for the primary I should get .2-.4k ohms and it just pegs out (like when you touch the two prongs together on the meter).

Also on the CDI some of the male ends check out ok but others won't read anything, and some are supposed to read infinity.

I'm thinking both of these parts are bad, but what do you guys think?

MTS
11-06-2005, 02:27 PM
your primary is shot if you get infinity on it.