PDA

View Full Version : How do I back this thing up?

Diamond Jim
11-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I recently acquired a 1985 Yamahauler 200ERN from a late relative's estate. It hadn't been ran in years.

I had the Juvenile Delinquent that lives next door go over it and now it runs like a new one. I told him I would pay him shop rates, he liked that. He just grinned from ear to ear when he handed me the bill. :( Damn, I think I created a monster, he's a capitalist now, and wants to know when he can work on my lawn mower

But he did a good job, R&R the carb, fuel system, new starter switch, new ignition switch, freed up the choke and throttle, tuned it up, all new filters, changed the oil, cleaned out all the spider webs etc. It's a little cold natured and slow to warm up but it runs great.

My problem! It has shaft drive, and is supposed to have a five speed trans with reverse. :confused: Where is reverse? We can find all five forward gears, but no back up. :wondering What are we missing, (other than reverse).

Also what do you guys recommend for tire pressure. Soft in back and hard in front? What is sliming the tires exactly? I know that slime is something like a "fix a flat" type product but where can I get it? Wal-Mart? Auto Zone? Advance Auto?

mymint87
11-03-2005, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Diamond Jim]

I had the Juvenile Delinquent that lives next door go over it and now it runs like a new one. I told him I would pay him shop rates, he liked that. He just grinned from ear QUOTE]

LMAO.....good for you...prbably did him alot of good:w00t:

Cody
11-03-2005, 07:14 PM
You can get slime from just about everywhere that relates to lawn mowers and cars.

traxxasx
11-03-2005, 07:19 PM
maybe * dont have a reverse. and slim is found walmart auto zone anywhere basicly. maybe is just a 200e?????

BigGreenMachine
11-03-2005, 07:20 PM
To the best of my knowledge the reverse on the old ERN should be a lever near the cylinder thats connected to a linkage.

Tire pressure should be around 3 or 3.5 lbs all around.

Slime can be found at any wally mart store but its only supposed to be used to get you out of a jam on the trail, not a permanent solution. New tires would be a better solution.

thefox
11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
To the best of my knowledge the reverse on the old ERN should be a lever near the cylinder thats connected to a linkage.

Tire pressure should be around 3 or 3.5 lbs all around.

Slime can be found at any wally mart store but its only supposed to be used to get you out of a jam on the trail, not a permanent solution. New tires would be a better solution.

Just like Big Green said there is a lever by the cylinder, near the pull starter. With the trike in 1st (but stopped) you move the lever back. Have fun and Welcome to 3 Wheeler World:welcome:

monster 84r
11-03-2005, 09:07 PM
id recommend a plug rather than slime for a permanent solution. i have a plug in my 250r rear tire and it holds up great.