PDA

View Full Version : straighten an axle?

bluevette87
11-02-2005, 06:11 AM
the axle on my 84 200x is slightly bent and although not realy a problem it is anoying and was wondering if there is anyone that can straighten it?

fleetosc
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM
A friend of mine just had his done at a local machine shop. Just grab the yellow pages and make a few calls and ask them if they can. They only charged him $35.00 and axle is as good as new.

Howdy
11-02-2005, 09:13 AM
A friend of mine just had his done at a local machine shop. Just grab the yellow pages and make a few calls and ask them if they can. They only charged him $35.00 and axle is as good as new.

I agree 100%! But if you can't find a place in town that will do it, then get with me. I'm not all that far away from you, and I have straighten a few items myself. Heck, you can go out and ride the Polaris 3 wheeler while I'm doing the work. Does it get any better than that?

Howdy

bigredhead
11-02-2005, 09:43 AM
How's this done exactly ?

Get with the pry bars ? or find a big heavy hammer ? .. or lathe ?

Howdy
11-02-2005, 09:47 AM
How's this done exactly ?

Get with the pry bars ? or find a big heavy hammer ? .. or lathe ?

I use a 20Ton press to straighten it. And either my lathe or my V-Blocks to check it.
Howdy

bluevette87
11-02-2005, 10:00 AM
I agree 100%! But if you can't find a place in town that will do it, then get with me. I'm not all that far away from you, and I have straighten a few items myself. Heck, you can go out and ride the Polaris 3 wheeler while I'm doing the work. Does it get any better than that?

Howdy
i will look but i don't think anyone in town can do it.if not i will call you and we can git-er-done!!!!!!!!!
thanks Howdy!!!!!!!!!!!