PDA

View Full Version : Big Red 250es restoration (kinda long)

phlomas
02-19-2003, 01:56 PM
I have an 85 honda big red 250es. When the weather gets a little nicer, I am planning on a complete teardown and rebuild. I wanted to kow if you guys could give me an estimate on what I will be spending. It needs a new front fender and fork (the top part of the fork, like the bar under where the headlight is mounted, is completely bent, making it pull left all the time. Can I just replace this top part?). Everything is complete and running, but I was also thinking about boring it out slightly. I was planning on doing everything myself, even though I have never done work like this before. If I just buy the shop manual do you think that this is a reasonable project? I can get help when I need it, but I want to try to do it all myself. Does this sound feasible? I appreciate any help you can give me.

J.D.
02-19-2003, 02:35 PM
It's plenty do-able. As long as you know a *little* bit about mechanics I think you can do it. I'm in the middle of my first engine rebuild right now. Not so bad except for broken bolts :x As long as you can follow the book, you'll be allright...and never lose patience!

renorider
03-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Yes ,, Please post some pictures of your 250 es BigRed .. Im still needing a good image of the front light mounting bracket.

jeswinehart
03-05-2003, 12:04 AM
broken one,,, lmao

J.D.
03-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Who's Father Time on the quad?