PDA

View Full Version : Tubes for my Honda 125 M?

Meat-BoX
10-31-2005, 05:19 PM
I bought New AMS Fox A/T'S for the 125 M. The 1st two sets were faulty and were made in 2003. I contacted the company and they were cool. They hooked me up and sent me a set of new tires made in 2005. They told me they have a new Mold or whatever for the tire and you can tell the difference in Quality from 2003 and 2005. My Problem is that Sport Mann Suzuki/Honda sux and my Rear Right tire leaks at the Bead. Its a slow leak if I dont ride it, but if I go for a ride it goes flat within a day.
Im sick of dealing with this sucky dealer, but being I have to take the Tire back to have it Rebeaded I was wondering if I should get Tubes all around just for piece of mind. What is your opinion on this? What if any does a Tube do to the Handling of my Little Honda. I would like this done before our Big Ride we have planned for this weekend or the weekend after here in Central NY. 100 miles plus of riding calls for no leaks, or I will be fearing it with a flat.

42F67N
10-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Bring some bead sealant with ya and ask um to put it around the bead before they reseat the tire this time bet it wont leak after that.

thefox
10-31-2005, 06:54 PM
I usually run tubes in my tires when they go flat. Because the 125m is not a performance machine you should have nothing to worry about when using tubes. Just remember when installing them that the valve stem is offset so don't put them in backwards or it will rip off, trust me going out the next day to find that you wasted 2 tubes stinks.

I have also dealt with sportmann, and that is why I get my tubes from NAPA. NAPA is closer to me, if they have to order them the tubes are in within a day or two where Sportmann would tell you a week if they ordered them and not have them for two!